South Africa Vs India Live Score (T20)
Date: Sunday, 18 February, 2018 21:09 IST Venue: The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg Match Status: Match Ended
India beat South Africa by 28 runs
South Africa 175/9 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.75 | Match Ended
- Junior Dala 0,
- Tabraiz Shamsi 0
this over :
|Junior Dala||not out||2||3||0||0|
|Tabraiz Shamsi||not out||0||2||0||0|
- That's all we have from this game. Another lop-sided game, another win for India. Will the plot change? South African fans would definitely hope for that. The second T20I shall take place on February, 21st in Centurion at 1800 local (1600 GMT). Do join us for that as well. We take your leave for now. Goodbye and cheers!
- Victorious Indian skipper, Virat Kohli says he tweaked his glute while batting and didn't want to risk it so preferred to move out of the field. Is really proud of the boys the way they showed up today. Calls it a team batting performance as everyone chipped in. And then is out of words to describe Bhuvneshwar Kumar's effort with the ball. Isn't disappointed with the score that they got on the board as he feels they never let the run rate dropped below 10 at any point. On what was the message given to his boys, he opines it message was simple that they're are here till the 25th and they have to enjoy every bit.
- Man of the Match, Bhuvneshwar Kumar is really delighted to have picked up a 5-fer. Says he keeps it simple by bowling in good areas and mixing it up. States he saw what the hosts' bowlers did - took the pace off to make matters worse and he did exactly that to reap the rewards. Reckons it's a special feeling when you perform well in tough situation.
- South Africa skipper, Jean-Paul Duminy is really disappointed with today's performance. Is happy to have pulled things back after the big Powerplay in the first innings. Lauds his bowlers for doing the job. Rues the dropped catches on the field and admits that it does cost you the games. Takes the blame on him and other senior players as they failed to take the responsibility.
- A lot and lot of soul-searching to do for the home side. They bowlers bowled well in the death but the fact that they leaked too many upfront asked too much on the part of the batters to do the job. Apart from Reeza Hendricks and Farhaan Behardien none of the batsmen got going and in the end, they suffered yet another shambolic defeat. Hang in as we have the presentation coming up for you...
- The run chase never took off to be honest. The Indian bowlers were right on the money and they dented the hosts by picking up two wickets inside the first five overs. Bhuvneshwar Kumar was just outstanding and impressed one and all by picking up his maiden 5-wicket haul in T20Is. The others chipped in with breakthroughs at regular intervals apart from Jasprit Bumrah, who remained wicket-less. But his acrobatic effort in the field should nullify that.
- India continue to dominate proceedings in the colored clothing. They have yet again outclassed the Proteas in all the facets of the game. Firstly, they were put into bat and they scaled a huge total of 203 on the board. It was Dhawan who anchored the innings with useful contributions from the rest. At the halfway stage, given the nature of the surface, it seemed like the Indians are at least 15-20 runs short but... it proved to be too much in the end.
- 19.6 That's it! India win by 28 runs to go 1-0 up! Unadkat bowls a slower short ball outside off, Tabraiz Shamsi looks to pull but doesn't connect.
- 19.5 Slower delivery on off, Shamsi swings and misses.
- Tabriaz Shamsi is the last man in.
- 19.4 OUT! Unadkat has one to his name as well. Hurls a cutter, wider outside off, Andile Phehlukwayo swings hard across the line but gets a top edge towards point where Chahal takes a sitter. Can India bowl South Africa out?
- 19.3 Shortish ball on middle and off, Phehlukwayo pulls it through mid-wicket and gets two to his name.
- 19.2 Waits for the slower one to come to him and when it comes he looks to go hard at it. Gets a bottom edge on the bounce to Dhoni.
- 19.1 FOUR! A boundary to begin the final over. Very full on off, Phehlukwayo tries to dig it out but gets an edge down to third man.
- 35 needed off the final 6 balls. South Africa need to do a Yuvraj Singh here. Jaydev Unadkat to bowl the last over.