South Africa Vs India Live Score (ODI)
Date: Friday, 16 February, 2018 23:11 IST Venue: SuperSport Park, Centurion Match Status: Match Ended
India beat South Africa by 8 wickets
India 206/2 (32.1 ov) R/R 6.42 | Match Ended
- Ajinkya Rahane 34,
- Virat Kohli 91
this over :
|Virat Kohli (C)||not out||129||96||19||2|
|Ajinkya Rahane||not out||34||50||3||0|
- Okay then! South Africa take the Test series while India dominate the ODIs. As Kohli said in the interview, the battle doesn't end here. These two will now lock horns for a 3-match T20I series starting from Sunday, February 18th at Johannesburg. As a cricket fan let's hope that the shortest format turns out to be a nail-biter. Do join us at 1430 local (1230 GMT) to catch all the action. Have a great weekend, folks. Cheers!
- After a big fat interview with the Indian skipper, he has been handed the series trophy. He has a big smile on his face as he gets his hand on it. Now the rest of the men join him and pose for some snap shots. Happy faces all-around! Thoroughly deserved it! Well played, India!
- Man of the Match and Series, Virat Kohli is really elated with the win. Starts the interview saying he was feeling great from the word go today. Informs the pitch played better under the lights than in the day. On the short-ball ploy, he calls it as a blessing in disguise which helped him off the blocks quickly. On scoring over 500 runs in the ODI series, he smiles and reckons it has been a rollicking tour for him. Thanks the people who are close to him and appreciates his wife for motivating him always as she was criticized in the past for his failure. Extends his thanks to the Almighty for keeping him healthy and fit and wants to keep going so that he can make his nation proud. Has a word to say for the spin twins (Kuldeep and Chahal) who he gives a lot of credit for this series win. Further adds the tour isn't done as yet for them. Their hunger is not over and they are now looking forward for the T20Is. Ends saying that his is really proud of his team as they haven't taken a step back after the two successive defeats in Tests.
- South Africa skipper, Aiden Markram says it's a tough loss for them to gulp down. States they would sit down and think what went wrong. Feels the Indian players cashed in on the opportunity given and that is what matters. Opines he has learnt a lot in this series as a skipper and wants to rectify it as soon as he can. Hopes for a good show in the T20Is and is confident of his boys to come out good. Is happy to have a break from the 50-overs cricket now.
- As mentioned earlier, South Africa were once again outplayed in every facet of the game. Their batting showed no spine while the bowlers didn't have any answer (yet again) to the might of Virat Kohli. Two things which troubled them the most in this series - Wrist spinners and Virat Kohli. Clueless is the word to describe their plight. Lacked skills to deal with Kuldeep and Chahal, while didn't have enough quality to deal with the Indian skipper. Plenty of soul-searching to do.
- Hats off to India for putting up yet another professional show. It was an inconsequential game but they still brought their best game. There was plenty of intensity on the field and they bowled exceedingly well to bundle out South Africa for a paltry total. In reply, they did lose Rohit Sharma early but then the skipper, the chasemaster, combined forces first with Shikhar Dhawan and then with Ajinkya Rahane to see India home. In the process, many records tumbled in front of Virat and the most notable one was him getting 500-plus runs in the series, which is the most by any player in a bilateral ODI series.
- Another one-way traffic and the series ended as it was expected, 5-1 in favour of India! A win at the Bullring turned out to be an aberration and if not for the rain that evening, the outcome of this series could have been a clean sweep. Thoroughly outplayed, the Proteas!
- 32.1 FOUR! Kohli hits it with authority and INDIA WIN BY 8 WICKETS (with 107 balls left)! Tahir tosses it up in the air and lands it full around off, the Indian skipper muscles it straight back past the bowler for a boundary. A warm hug from de Villiers to Kohli, they share a special bond and have tremendous respect for each other. Two of the very best in the business. Time for the customary handshakes as the players leave the field.
- 31.6 FOUR! Short and wide outside off, Rahane latches onto the room and cracks it through covers. There is a sweeper in place but he cannot do much. Just retrieve the ball from the rope. 3 more needed. 202/2
- 31.5 Back of a length ball on middle, Kohli tickles it in front of square leg for a run.
- 31.4 Rising delivery, outside off, Kohli tries to hook but misses.
- 31.3 Another short ball around off, it's pulled well this time to deep square leg for a run.
- 31.2 Short delivery around off, a mistimed shot by Rahane to mid on.
- 31.1 This one is full and outside off, it's driven towards mid off.
- 31.1 Wide! Slower delivery going down the leg side, Rahane tries to flick but misses. The keeper fumbles but nothing from it.