South Africa Vs India Live Score (ODI)
Date: Wednesday, 14 February, 2018 00:12 IST Venue: St George's Park, Port Elizabeth Match Status: Match Ended
India beat South Africa by 73 runs
South Africa 201/10 (42.2 ov) R/R 4.76 | Match Ended
- Morne Morkel 0,
- Lungi Ngidi 4
this over :
|Lungi Ngidi||not out||4||1||1||0|
- So that is it from this game! India continue their domination on the hosts and seal the series with a game in hand. South Africa on the other hand, will have to come up with a new plan and try to end the series with a win in the final ODI which will be played on the 16th of February in Centurion at 1300 local (1100 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye.
- Indian skipper, Virat Kohli, says he is very pleased after the win. Further adds the players did well in all three departments. Admits they needed this win after the last game. Reckons the South Africans were under pressure as they were the ones who could lose the series. Mentions it has been a collective effort by the whole team. States the top three have done really well and when that happens, not everybody gets an opportunity and when the rest do get it, they might not click. Ends by saying they want to win it 5-1 but there might be some new faces named in the eleven in the next game.
- Man of the Match, Rohit Sharma, says it was a long time coming. Informs it was not easy in the middle as the wicket was on the slower side. States he enjoyed his batting out there. Admits they stuck to their plans and executed it well. Reckons it is important to keep a good frame of mind and that is what he was trying to do. He further adds he knew the runs would come as the confidence was there in him. He feels the celebration did not matter at the time of reaching the ton as the team was in a spot of bother. Ends by saying you have to make it count once you are in and it was his day today.
- Losing skipper, Aiden Markram, starts by crediting the Indian side. Admits he was happy at the half time break but their batsmen let them down. Appreciates Lungi for the way he bowled. Further adds they did well to pull things back. Reckons they needed a couple of good partnerships which they did not get. Feels they need to find a way to build partnerships. Informs they are getting better after each game. He hopes to bounce back in the last game with a win.
- India on the other hand, failed to capitalize on the start given by their batsmen earlier in the day. They were also poor in the field as they dropped a few catches. However, their bowling made up for it. First with Pandya who took the two important scalps of AB de Villiers and Duminy and then Kuldeep towards the end who ended up with figures of 4-57 to give India a comprehensive win. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- Miller and Amla did try to re-build with a 63-run stand but once the former departed it was always going to be an uphill task. With the pitch getting slower and slower, runs was not easy to come by. Amla did try his best as he tried batting through. He did get his half ton up but was run out at the wrong time. Klaasen too played a decent knock but lacked support from the other end and finally he too perished.
- Jubilation scenes in the Indian dressing room as they have bowled brilliantly to defend 274. Especially after the start the South Africans got. They were off to a flier as the opening pair stitched a 50-run stand. However, once the ball got a little soft they started losing wickets in quick succession. That too, big ones of Markram, Duminy and AB.
- 42.2 OUT! Chahal gets him the next ball! 4 wickets in the last 7 balls. Chahal tosses it up on off, it turns back in sharply. Morkel tries to work it with the spin but misses to get hit on the pads. The player appeals and the umpire agrees. All smiles on the Indian faces as they have WON BY 73 RUNS AND ALSO THE SERIES WITH A GAME IN HAND!
- 42.1 DROPPED! Another one which is hit with a lot of power towards Chahal. He tries to catch but can;t hang on.
- 41.6 FOUR! No hat-trick! Ngidi smashes this full ball outside off through mid off for a boundary. 201/9
- Lungi Ngidi is the last man in.
- 41.5 OUT! Brilliant by Pandya, that has stuck. Shamsi bags a golden duck and Kuldeep gets two-in-two. He flights the ball on middle, Shamsi tries to loft it but does not get the distance. He only hits it high up in the air towards long on. There are two fielders going for it, Pandya and Dhawan. I don't think anybody there calls mine but Pandya in the end from long off runs towards it, sticks a hand out and plucks the ball out of thin air. Fourth wicket for Kuldeep and he is now on a hat-trick. India are now a wicket away.
- Tabraiz Shamsi walks in at no. 10.
- 41.4 OUT! Stumped! There is the final nail in the coffin! Second in the over for Kuldeep. He once again is brave enough to toss it up outside off, it turns away further. Klaasen dances down the track and reaches for it but can't connect. Dhoni behind, collects the ball and whips the bails off in a flash. Third one for Kuldeep and a good innings but Klaasen comes to an end. He did try his best but was running out of partners. India are two wickets away now from a series win.
- 41.3 A low full toss on middle, driven down to long on for a run.