South Africa Vs India Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 04 February, 2018 19:07 IST Venue: SuperSport Park, Centurion Match Status: Match Ended
India beat South Africa by 9 wickets
India 119/1 (20.3 ov) R/R 5.86 | Match Ended
- Virat Kohli 46,
- Shikhar Dhawan 43
this over :
|Shikhar Dhawan||not out||51||56||9||0|
|Virat Kohli (C)||not out||46||50||4||1|
- We are done for the day. A completely one-sided affair as India steamrolled South Africa to get their first win at this venue after 16 years. The way it's going, the hosts will need a big turnaround from here to stay in hunt. Let's see how they recover from this embarrassing defeat. The third ODI is on Wednesday, 7th February at Newlands, Cape Town. Do join us for all the action at 1300 local (1100 GMT). Cheers!
- Victorious Indian skipper, Virat Kohli says that they thought the ball will do a bit at the start and showers praise on Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah for not letting the South African openers off the hook. Praises the spinners for faring so well and adds that they knew the wicket will be hard but it will have bounce also which will help the spinners. He is impressed with the intent shown by his openers and sending the message to the opposition that they are positive. Says that it's a good position to be in and they would like to continue with the same momentum.
- Yuzvendra Chahal says that he is enjoying the series. Feels that the conditions are like India and it's all about mental strength when you tour overseas. Adds that he is loving bowling with Kuldeep Yadav and they bowl to their strengths.
- Aiden Markram, South Africa skipper, says that they have a couple of days to turn it around. Adds that he is disappointed with the way their batsmen got out and wants to be positive and move forward. Calls it not the ideal day but feels it's a good position to be in (down 0-2) as it can bring out the best from them.
- All over! It took India 9 balls after the break to end the match. They gain a 2-0 lead in this 6-match series after handing a humiliating defeat to the Proteas. Their bowlers, spinners to be precise, set this game up by hunting down 8 wickets and completely broke the South African batting line-up. With nothing much to chase, the Indian top 3 did the job without breaking a sweat to register a comprehensive victory.
- 20.3 INDIA WIN BY 9 WICKETS (with 177 balls left)! Their second best win in terms of balls remaining against a Test playing nation. A quicker full ball on middle, Kohli tries to power it over the leg side but it takes the inner half of his bat and screams past the diving backward square leg fielder. They take two runs and that will be it. The players shake hands in the middle and head back to the pavilion, again.
- 20.2 A low full toss on middle, pushed back to the bowler.
- 20.1 Too full and on middle, drilled to mid on.
- Kohli on 44... Can he end it with a six and complete his fifty? Tahir continues...
- 19.6 Fuller and around leg, Dhawan sweeps but finds short fine leg. MAIDEN! 117/1
- 19.5 Loopy full ball outside off, spinning away, Dhawan once again fails to connect with his horizontal bat shot.
- 19.4 Full flighted ball outside off, driven off the front foot but straight to mid off.
- 19.3 Leans forward to a full ball and defends it back to the bowler.
- 19.2 Defended off the front foot by the batsman presenting the full face of the bat.
- 19.1 Floated ball outside off, full in length, Dhawan tries to slog it over the leg side but misses.