South Africa Vs Bangladesh Live Score (TEST)
Date: Friday, 06 October 2017 Venue: Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein Match Status: Match Ended
South Africa beat Bangladesh by an innings and 254 runs
Bangladesh 172/10 (42.4 ov) R/R 4.06 | Match Ended
- Subashis Roy 8,
- Mustafizur Rahman 7
this over :
|Subashis Roy||not out||12||10||3||0|
- That brings us to the close of the one-sided Test series. South Africa did what they do best at home while Bangladesh just got blown away. The tourists need to seriously work on their skills in order to utilize their potential away from home. The limited-overs series is coming up. The visitors are much more potent in that format and will need to deliver the goods. On the other hand, the hosts will look to continue their domination. Join us for the 1st ODI in Kimberley on 15th October at 0800 GMT (1000 local time). Goodbye and cheers!
- Kagiso Rabada has been awarded the Man of the Match for bagging a 10-wicket haul. Excellent bowling performance by him. Meanwhile, Dean Elgar has been awarded the Man of the Series for his prolific run-scoring (330 runs) throughout the series.
- Not sure of the mindset of Bangladesh. They never looked positive. Be it with their selection, giving a break to Shakib or Rahim's captaincy in both the games. They can win at home with ease but it is away that they need to show their resolve and grit to earn the respect they strive for. Hopefully the ODIs will be better.
- The Proteas bowled the Tigers out for less than 150 in the first innings, and after enforcing the follow-on, replicated that stunning performance by knocking them over for a 170-odd score and winning the game and the series handsomely. Kagiso Rabada was the General, leading the attack in brilliant fashion. His stunning 10-fer was faced with zero answers from any opposition batsmen.
- The inevitable has come to be. South Africa have won with absolute ease. Massive win for them, their biggest in Test match cricket. This was a meek collapse by the Bangladesh side, the players needed to toughen themselves up mentally and grind it out. Wouldn't be too harsh to say that the only thing Bangladesh won in this game was the toss. The strange decision to bowl first on a batting beauty cost them dearly. South Africa's massive first innings total, courtesy centuries from four of their top 5 batsmen was enough to get half the job done. Then, their bowlers did the rest.
- 42.4 OUT! South Africa take the series 2-0! Full and straight, Rahman swings all around it and is castled. Three wickets for Phehlukwayo. SOUTH AFRICA WIN BY AN INNINGS and 254 RUNS!
- 42.3 Slower one outside leg, Rahman waits for it and keeps it out.
- 42.2 DROPPED! Shorter in length outside off, Rahman slaps it back to the bowler. Andile Phehlukwayo looks to take it with his right hand but the ball pops out of his hand. South Africa won't mind the drop much at this moment.
- 42.2 Full toss outside off, Rahman looks to smash it over mid-wicket but gets an inside edge onto the pads. The umpire signals it a no ball for overstepping.
- 42.1 Shorter in length around middle, Rahman comes down and miscues his pull towards mid on. Rabada goes to his right from mid on and stops the ball from going through.
- 41.6 Fuller in length for once, Roy drives it towards mid off from the crease. 171/9
- 41.5 Back of a length from around the wicket, Roy gets out of the way in time.
- 41.4 Shorter outside off, cut towards cover-point by Subashis.
- 41.3 FOUR! More runs! Short and outside off, Roy swings his bat at it. The ball takes the outside edge and flies over the slip cordon for a boundary.
- 41.2 Similar length by Olivier, Roy goes back to cut again but ends up chopping it towards backward point.