South Africa Vs Bangladesh Live Score (T20)
Date: Sunday, 29 October 2017 Venue: Senwes Park, Potchefstroom Match Status: Match Ended
South Africa beat Bangladesh by 83 runs
Bangladesh 141/10 (18.3 ov) R/R 7.7 | Match Ended
- Rubel Hossain 1,
- Mohammad Saifuddin 2
this over :
|Rubel Hossain||not out||1||2||0||0|
- JP Duminy has been handed over the trophy. He is all smiles and is posing for a photograph with his teammates. That brings us to the close of another one-sided series. The Proteas are going from strength-to-strength. They tested their bench strength and a lot of players came out with flying colours. The visitors on the other hand, never really turned up and were beaten black and blue in each format. They are dominant at home but they have to improve drastically in alien conditions if they are to narrow the gulf between them and the top nations. We hope you enjoyed our coverage. Do join us for the future games. Till then, adios and take care!
- Victorious South Africa skipper, JP Duminy says that he is happy with the performance of the team. Feels that when someone scores a ton from 30-odd balls, you are going to end up on the winning side. Mentions that he is working on his bowling and is pleased that it came out well for him. States that everyone got an outing and it augurs well for them. Informs that a big series is coming up against India. Ends by saying that they will have to play really well to beat them.
- Man of the Match, David Miller says that scoring the fastest T20I century is very special. Mentions that he was scratchy to begin with but once he started timing the ball well, he grew in confidence. Opines that representing your country is an honour and it is a privilege for him. Felt that he was in the zone when he hit the five maximums. Adds that he wanted the sixth one as well but wasn't able to execute it.
- Bangladesh skipper, Shakib Al Hasan says that they started off well and bowled in good areas in the first ten overs. Mentions that the way Miller played was outstanding. Feels that this game was a reflection of the series. Reckons that they have been terrific at home in the last two years but have to improve a lot overseas. States that they had their chances early on with Miller but couldn't capitalize. Credits Miller and Amla for their knocks. Ends by saying that they will play Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe at home and hopes that they will do well.
- Only Soumya Sarkar put up a resemblance of a fight as the rest just capitulated as they have, almost in every game. Everyone picked up a wicket for South Africa apart from Beuran Hendricks with JP Duminy and Aaron Phangiso taking two each. The Tigers kept playing their shots and found the fielders regularly to lose by a huge margin.
- What a thumping win! South Africa continue their domination of Bangladesh and how? They blanked them in each and every game on this tour and have shown how good and professional a team they are, no matter who plays for them. Today, they were on course for a good total before David Miller powered them to a strong one with his breathtaking century. The chase was always going to be testing and the tourists found that out the hard way.
- 18.3 OUT! Series 2-0 to South Africa! Short and room on offer, Saifuddin throws his bat at it but cuts it straight towards Amla at backward point who makes no mistake. A thumping win for the hosts. They have whitewashed the visitors completely. SOUTH AFRICA WIN BY 83 RUNS!
- 18.2 Length delivery, Rubel eases this one to point for a single.
- 18.1 Full toss outside off, Saifuddin throws his bat it but gets it off the outer half to third man. A single taken.
- 17.6 Fullish delivery, clipped to mid-wicket. 139/9
- 17.5 Plays this one to the leg side for a single.
- 17.5 Wide! Full toss outside off, Saifuddin throws his bat at it but misses.
- Rubel Hossain is the last man in.
- 17.5 OUT! High full toss on off, Ahmed looks to keep it out but is hit on the glove. He is ringing his hand in pain but Saifuddin charges to the striker's end. Mosehle picks up the ball and throws it back to Phehlukwayo who whips the bails off at the bowler's end. Taskin Ahmed has to go back to the hut. The umpire signals a no ball for the height pretty late. So, a Free Hit is coming up.
- 17.4 FOUR! Takes full toll of the Free Hit! Back of a length outside off, Ahmed throws his bat at it and gets a thick inside edge past the keeper and through to the fine leg fence.