South Africa Vs Bangladesh Live Score (T20)
Date: Thursday, 26 October 2017 Venue: Mangaung Oval, Bloemfontein Match Status: Match Ended
South Africa beat Bangladesh by 20 runs
Bangladesh 175/9 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.75 | Match Ended
- Mohammad Saifuddin 22,
- Rubel Hossain 2
this over :
|Mohammad Saifuddin||not out||39||27||3||1|
|Rubel Hossain||not out||2||3||0||0|
- Done for the night. At last some fight shown by Bangladesh on this tour, however the end result remained unchanged. They will have one more shot before flying back home. Can they avoid yet another clean sweep? Do join us on Sunday at 1430 local (1230 GMT) to find out. Cheers!
- Man of the Match, AB de Villiers states that Jonty Rhodes has inspired him the most. Is disappointed to have gotten out at that time as he wanted to get a big one. Further says when he stepped out, de Kock informed him that there is pace on the wicket and that is when he decided to cash in. Reckons he enjoys batting at no. 3 in this format as it helps to capitalize the innings and pace it accordingly. Adds he wanted to make the debutant Robbie Frylinck feel better as he was nervous at the start and is happy to take a catch off his bowling to calm him down.
- Protea skipper, JP Duminy says that they posted a good score. Mentions that the opposition bowlers at the death were on the money but it was skillful batting from Miller and Behardien to take them to 195. Credits his bowlers for being calm when the Bangladeshi batsmen were on the attack. Informs that he is happy with his bowlers. Adds that their variations were good but there is always room for improvement. Ends by saying that they need to be ruthless and keep giving their best.
- Bangladesh skipper, Shakib Al Hasan starts by saying South Africa batted really well but feels the last 5 overs while bowling cost them the match. Opines they gave away 20-30 extra which they could have stopped. Adds they got a good start but just couldn't capitalize on it. Rues the fielding which wasn't up to the mark either. Is impressed with the way they bowled in the first 10 overs. Hopes to rectify the mistakes they committed today and ends by saying they would keep in mind that they don't face too many dot balls further.
- Credit to the inexperienced South African bowlers for holding their nerves when they were put under pressure. They bounced back tremendously and made Bangladesh slip from 2/92. All their speedsters bagged a couple of wickets apiece with Paterson and Phehlukwayo standing out the most. Mohammad Saifuddin fought a lone battle towards the end but his knock only helped the visiting team to narrow down the defeat margin.
- Scintillating batting by the likes of de Kock, de Villiers and Behardien powered South Africa to a big total. However, the Bangla Tigers didn't lose hope. The shortest format brought out the tiger in them and they responded brilliantly at the start. Soumya Sarkar looked in fine form, playing attractive and attacking brand of cricket but the other batters were not quite up to the mark. Plenty of starts were wasted as the Protea bowlers kept chipping away at the wickets.
- Entertaining contest! Unlike the Test and ODI series, Bangladesh fought hard but sadly for them, it wasn't enough. Anyway, they will be pleased to see some improvement in their performance and would like to better it in the last game on this tour.
- 19.6 SOUTH AFRICA WIN BY 20 RUNS! On middle and leg, Saifuddin jams it down to long on and hares back for a couple. What a win for the Proteas, the crowd is up on its feet lauding the effort displayed by Duminy and his boys to take a 1-0 LEAD IN THE SERIES!
- 19.5 FOUR! Sloppy from Behardien! Slower back of the hand delivery outside off, Saifuddin makes room and slaps it over covers. Behardien in the deep is a bit sloppy and allows the ball to run away through to the fence.
- 19.4 Slower length ball on middle, Hossain flat-bats it down to long on for a single.
- 19.3 In the air... drops well short! Saifuddin opts to pull this slower ball but gets a top edge. The ball falls well short of the man running in from deep square leg. A single taken.
- 19.2 SIX! Boom! Fuller in length and on the pads, Saifuddin clears the front leg and just whips it over deep square leg to pick up a maximum.
- 19.1 Fuller in length on off, driven towards de Villiers at covers. They set off and ABD has a shy at the bowler's end. He hits but the batsman was safely in.
- 18.6 Short delivery on middle, Saifuddin ducks under it. Paterson's spell comes to an end as well. 160/9
- 18.5 Low full toss on the stumps, driven back to the bowler.