South Africa Vs Bangladesh Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 22 October 2017 Venue: Buffalo Park, East London Match Status: Match Ended
South Africa beat Bangladesh by 200 runs
Bangladesh 169/10 (40.4 ov) R/R 4.18 | Match Ended
- Rubel Hossain 0,
- Mehedi Hasan 0
this over :
|Rubel Hossain||not out||0||0||0||0|
- So that's it from us! Like in the Test series, South Africa have continued their dominance in the ODIs with a whitewash against the Tigers. The visitors still have a chance to save some face, with the 2-match T20I series starting on the 26th in Bloemfontein at 1800 local (0400 GMT). The shortest format of the game has proved its unpredictable nature time and time again. It'll be Bangladesh's best chance to strike back. Join us for that. Till then, goodbye and take care!
- AB de Villiers comes in for the interview in place of injured Faf du Plessis. He says that it was fun and it's easy to captain a team like this. Feels they had an exceptional series and considers today's performance as the best of the lot. Terms it as a clinical win and lauds Faf du Plessis for his knock. Praises his bowlers and is happy that they didn't give any sniff to Bangladesh. He is impressed with the debutants (Mulder and Markram) and is excited for Temba Bavuma.
- Man of the Series, Quinton de Kock says the wickets that were prepared were good for batting, especially for opening batsmen. Adds that no performance of his in this series was best in particular, but admits the 168 felt really good. Credits Temba Bavuma for the way he played after coming into the side and hoped that himself and Temba could have made big scores today. Ends by saying that the T20I series will be a good challenge, so is looking forward to it.
- Faf du Plessis has been adjudged the Man of the Match for his superb unbeaten 91. He was unfortunate to have been retired hurt due to a back injury, but his knock was still good enough to earn him the award.
- Mashrafe Mortaza says all three matches were quite difficult but they can learn a lot from it for the future. Admits batting and bowling are concerns, especially the bowling as they must learn how to take early wickets. Rues the loss of Tamim Iqbal and Mustafizur Rahman as they're quality players. Wants to win the T20I series and finish their tour on a high.
- Apart from Shakib Al Hasan's knock and his partnership with Sabbir Rahman, there wasn't much fight shown by Bangladesh. For South Africa, their pacers set the tone nicely with Dane Paterson leading the way by picking early wickets and then the slower bowlers did the rest. Aiden Markram snaffled a couple of wickets and had a dream debut. All in all, yet another abysmal performance by the visiting team and they have a long way to go as far as their overall improvement is concerned (outside Asia).
- Another comfortable win for South Africa and they have whitewashed Bangladesh in the ODI series. It was once again a no match with the visiting team looking way below average. Their bowlers were taken to the cleaners by the Protea batsmen and in reply to a gigantic total, the Bangla Tigers succumbed under pressure. They never were in contention of chasing down the target against some clinical bowling by South Africa.
- 40.4 OUT! SOUTH AFRICA WIN THE MATCH BY 200 RUNS! A sensational performance, dominating stuff, have got over the line comfortably. Tossed up on the stumps, Mehedi Hasan kneels to slog and slog he does. Gets no elevation on it and it's straight into the safe hands of AB de Villiers at short mid-wicket.
- 40.3 Wrong 'un around off, spinning in, Mehedi backs away and places the cut to backward point.
- 40.2 Googly on middle, Hasan sweeps it down straight to short fine leg.
- Rubel Hossain is the last batsman in for Bangladesh.
- 40.1 OUT! Tahir gets his first wicket of the game and he'll be a happy man! Looped up from around the wicket outside off, Taskin Ahmed slogs it with the spin over mid-wicket. Doesn't hit it well, off the toe end as he's beaten in the flight and it's straight down the throat of the substitute fielder Duminy at deep mid-wicket who makes no mistake in taking it.
- Powerplay 3 signalled. South Africa can now have maximum five fielders outside the ring.
- 39.6 Stays rooted inside the crease and guards it out safely. 169/8
- 39.5 Full outside off, driven square on the off side. Dot ball.