Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (T20)
Date: Sunday, 29 October 2017 Venue: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore Match Status: Match Ended
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 36 runs
Sri Lanka 144/9 (20.0 ov) R/R 7.2 | Match Ended
- Isuru Udana 0,
- Vikum Sanjaya 1
this over :
|Isuru Udana||not out||0||0||0||0|
|Vikum Sanjaya||not out||1||3||0||0|
- That brings us to the end of Sri Lanka's long tour. They rocked the Tests, but then got demolished in the white-ball contest. Plenty for them to work upon, especially the batting which let them down. Pakistan are currently on the up and will take a lot of confidence from this going forward. It's been contest worth remembering for them. We thank you for your company and hope you'll join us for future games. Till then, goodbye, take care and cheers!
- Sarfraz Ahmed thanks the Almighty first up. Says the way they have been playing at home and especially he crowd support has been fantastic. Credits his players for standing up at crucial moments and this has increased their fan following. Reckons that the confidence shown in the youngsters has paid off as they are talented and are proving it with their performances on the big stage. Wants to thank the Sri Lankan team for coming to Pakistan and playing and also thanks everybody at home, including the fans, the political parties and the cricketing body for the unrelenting support throughout.
- Sri Lanka skipper, Thisara Perera says it was a tough tour. Thanks Pakistan fans for inviting and cheering for them. Adds that in the last three matches they played better and have plenty of positives to take. Praises the Pakistan bowling attack and feels this is one of the best attacks he has seen in last one year or so.
- Man of the Match and Series, Shoaib Malik says playing in front of the home crowd and winning the Man of the Match is a blessing. Thanks the Sri Lankan team for coming to Pakistan and bringing cricket back to his homeland. Emphasizes the importance of consistency and states that it becomes more important for a senior, as it sets a good example for the younger players in the team. Let's everyone know that initially he just wanted to get his eye in when he walked out to bat and then he went for the big shots.
- Pakistan's bowling was top notch and they put on a great show in the field as well. They thoroughly entertained the cricket-deprived crowd in this historic game and will be immensely pleased. Mohammad Amir playing his first international match in Pakistan had a memorable outing, hunting down 4 wickets for only 13 runs. For a change, the two shining stars of Pakistan's bowling, Shadab Khan and Hasan Ali, had an off days, going for aplenty, but it didn't hurt the hosts much. All in all, a clinical performance to end the series on a positive note.
- Another stroll in the park for Pakistan and they clean sweep Sri Lanka in the T20I series as well. Powered by Shoaib Malik's blistering knock, the home side managed to post a big total on the board. In reply, the top half of the Sri Lankan batting department was blown away in no time and their chase never got going. Dasun Shanaka showed his hitting prowess, stroking a 36-ball 54, but the rest just capitulated.
- 19.6 Worked away on the leg side for a single by Sanjaya. That does it, it's over. PAKISTAN WIN BY 36 RUNS! Another comprehensive performance from the hosts. Handshakes all around, the Men in Green celebrate, the stadium is happy. Cheers and smiles all around!
- 19.5 Another one outside off, another play and a miss.
- 19.4 Length delivery around off, Sanjaya looks to connect, but fails in his attempt to do so.
- Vikum Sanjaya is the last man in.
- 19.3 OUT! Amir with his second of the over, his 4th of the game. Angles across a length delivery around off, Prasanna swings wildly and gets a feather behind to Sarfraz who takes a regulation catch. He had some fun in the middle, but his stay now has come to an end.
- 19.3 Wide! Darted way outside off, wide called by the umpire.
- Isuru Udana comes jogging out to bat next.
- 19.2 OUT! Pathirana's short stay comes to an end. Slower one from Amir, Pathirana lofts it over the leg side. Gets it only as far as the edge of the circle where Hafeez, positioned at mid-wicket, runs back and takes the catch. Juggles it few times but then holds on to it in the end.
- 19.1 Wastes no time and instantly fires a yorker on the stumps, Pathirana goes leg side and digs it out.