Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (T20)
Date: Friday, 27 October 2017 Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi Match Status: Match Ended
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 2 wickets
Pakistan 125/8 (19.5 ov) R/R 6.41 | Match Ended
- Hasan Ali 3,
- Shadab Khan 9
this over :
|Shadab Khan||not out||16||8||1||1|
|Hasan Ali||not out||3||1||0||0|
- That's all we have from this match. We look forward to your company for the final T20I on Sunday in Lahore. Do join us at 1300 GMT (1800 local) for all the action. Until then, it's goodbye from all of us here. Cheers!
- Sarfraz Ahmed smiles and thanks the Almighty first up. Praises his bowlers for making a brilliant comeback and is all gaga over their fielding. Lauds Shadab Khan for hitting that crucial six and claims that it wasn't easy to hit that shot. Feels that the team management is backing the young players and it's delivering the goods. Admits that they need to improve their batting for consistent results in future. He is excited for the match in Lahore and thanks the crowd in Abu Dhabi before signing off.
- Thisara Perera manages a smile on his face. Says that they can take a lot of positive from this match and praises his boys for their effort. He feels it's not easy to score big runs on this pitch and also lauds his bowlers for pushing Pakistan to the very limit. Adds that they are getting there and victory is not very far. On their batting woes, he replies that the batsmen haven't been able to execute the plans and that's costing them.
- Man of the Match, Shadab Khan thanks the Almighty first. Says he had the confidence and self belief to take his team over the line. Further says he tried to give it his all initially but the shots weren't coming but then in the end he took the name of the Almighty and hit one over the rope. Opines T20 is such a format where you need to contain the batsmen and come up with variations and only then you can pick up wickets.
- You got to feel bad for Sri Lanka tonight. No, they didn't deserve to win after yet another dismal batting show but their bowlers bowled with a lot of heart and deserved better. Led by skipper Thisara Perera, who claimed a 3-fer, the Lankan bowlers were clever in their approach and bowled with a lot of purpose. Isuru Udana and Sachith Pathirana were at their economical best which created immense pressure on Pakistan but eventually they didn't have enough on the board which cost them. Also, had Gunathilaka taken the catch on the third ball of the 20th over, it could have been different. Well, things always look different on hindsight.
- Pakistan for once looked like faltering against Sri Lanka in the limited overs cricket. They made a mountain out of a molehill in a fairly straightforward chase. After a decent beginning in the chase, the hosts lost their way. Mohammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik pulled them back to show the right path but they failed to finish the job. The lower order huffed and puffed before the finish line and it required a calm and composed head of Shadab Khan to see them through.
- What a nerve-racking game! It swung like a pendulum and Pakistan nearly messed up. Credit to Sri Lanka for their wholeheartedly effort. They weren't defending a big total but gave it their all. The bowling was on the money and it was backed up by some exceptional fielding. When you lose games like these, it hurts more. But at least they competed today, a big positive before heading to Lahore for the final T20I which now is a dead rubber.
- 19.5 PAKISTAN WIN BY 2 WICKETS! Smiles all around. Take a bow, Shadab Khan. A youngster with a calm head. Doesn't get carried away. Maintains his cool. Knows only two runs are needed and hence doesn't try anything fancy. Just bunts a full ball down the ground, his partner is aware of the plan. By the time the long on fielder gets to the ball, they complete two runs. Brilliant. Outstanding. 2-0, Pakistan!
- 19.4 SIX! Go fetch that! Shadab Khan is a superstar! He has absolutely murdered that delivery from his sight. It's right in the slot, full and on middle, Shadab makes room and launches it over the bowler's head for a maximum. Wow, talk about pressure and this young wonder kid dealing with it without any fuss. Just two more needed.
- 19.3 DROPPED! COSTLY MISS! A full length ball around off, Hasan winds up for a big shot but ends up slicing it in the air towards long off. Gunathilaka rushes across to his left from the deep, puts in a leap but fails to hold on to the catch. It bursts through his hands, rolls behind and by the time it's retrieved, the batsmen take three runs.
- 19.2 Full and on middle, forced down to long on for one.
- HASAN ALI walks in at number 10, replacing Ashraf. He can tonk a few maximums. Pakistan would dearly love one at this time...
- 19.1 OUT! A wicket first ball makes it even more interesting. Very full in length ball on leg, Fahim swings his bat across the line although there wasn't enough room available. He fails to time his shot well and gets caught at long on by Gunathilaka.
- Here we go then... 12 runs needed. 6 balls remaining. Who is the bowler? Who is the bowler? No options left for Thisara. It is.... VIKUM SANJAYA.
- 18.6 Appeal for an lbw, not entertained. Angling into the batsman, Ashraf tries heaving but misses and is hit on the pads. Missing leg, hence the umpire showed no interest. Only 4 from the over. 113/7