Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (T20)
Date: Thursday, 26 October 2017 Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi Match Status: Match Ended
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets
Pakistan 103/3 (17.2 ov) R/R 5.99 | Match Ended
- Shoaib Malik 14,
- Mohammad Hafeez 25
this over :
|Shoaib Malik||not out||42||31||4||0|
|Mohammad Hafeez||not out||25||23||3||0|
- So that's it for this game. Pakistan have lost only 2 T20Is (out of 12) since the World T20Is in 2016 - one against West Indies and the other against the World XI. Sri Lanka, if they are to beat this prolific team, have to get it right and get it right fast. The next game is tomorrow itself, at this same venue at 2000 local (1600 GMT). Do join us for it. Till then, cheers!
- Sarfraz Ahmed says that it was a solid team effort. Applauds every single one of his players for putting in the work and getting the results. In T20Is, he mentions they try to focus on the basics and not pay more attention to the flashy things. Reckons that the team combination is the most important, but at the same time will give a chance to youngsters as much as they can. Feels that changing an already set team too much doesn't make much sense, so tries to keep it the same. Ends by saying that despite the fact that they didn't do too well in the Powerplay, they have the players at the top of the order to exploit that.
- Thisara Perera says that if you look back at today's match, there are positives to take but it's no point if there are no runs on the board. Credits the bowlers for doing a good job. Goes on to say that this Pakistan bowling attack is one of the best he's seen in the last year and a half. Ends by saying that he has confidence in his team to do well in the next game.
- Man of the Match, Usman Khan thanks the Almighty first. Just wants to keep working hard and do the best he can for the team. Mentions he gets good support from the management who encourage him to express himself and that helps him. States that today he was getting good pace and bounce right from the start so he didn't have to try too many variations. When asked if he can bat as well, he chuckles and says that he's an okay batsman. Just wants to enjoy his game and take each game as it comes. Ends by saying that he enjoys bowling with Fahim Ashraf the most, as he is a good bowler himself and good friend of his.
- Sri Lanka continue on their downward spiral. It was thought they'd have put in a much more spirited performance after their dismal show in the ODI series, but they've continued with more of the same. Rudderless with the bat, which left their bowlers with not much to defend. The constant shuffling and changing of players in the side has left them falling short on almost every occasion. Stating the obvious, but plenty to work upon.
- Another comfortable victory for the Men in Green. First did the job by bundling Sri Lanka up for just 102, with their bowlers putting in a complete collective performance. And now, with the bat. There was a mild scare at the start as they lost a few wickets relatively relatively early, but the partnership of 46 between Shoaib Malik and Ahmed Shehzad steadied things up and brought it back in their favour. Then, Malik joined up with his experienced partner Mohammad Hafeez and the two of them took their side home with almost 3 overs to spare.
- 17.2 There it is! That's the job done. PAKISTAN WIN THIS MATCH BY 7 WICKETS! All it takes is for Mohammad Hafeez to offer a firm punch through the gap in the covers for a single. Handshakes in the Pakistan dugout, Malik and Hafeez congratulate each other, another one over the finish line.
- 17.1 Full delivery pitched outside off, Hafeez plants his front foot forward and drives it through the covers for two runs.
- Dasun Shanaka to bowl what might be the last over of the innings.
- 16.6 Touch short again and the pull shot is played again by Malik. Helped down towards backward square leg for a double. The 100 is up for the Men in Green. Just 3 to win now for them. 100/3
- 16.5 Sharp bumper around off, Shoaib Malik sways away from the line and avoids it.
- 16.4 High full toss on the hips, nudged down towards fine leg for a comfortable run.
- 16.3 Fired in very full, almost a yorker, driven with a slightly closed face to mid on.
- 16.2 Outside off on a good length, placed behind point to get Hafeez on strike.
- 16.1 Beautiful yorker on middle and off, angling in, Malik gets perfectly behind the line and keeps it at bay.