Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (ODI)
Date: Monday, 23 October 2017 Venue: Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium, Sharjah Match Status: Match Ended
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 9 wickets
Pakistan 105/1 (20.2 ov) R/R 5.2 | Match Ended
- Imam-ul-Haq 14,
- Fahim Ashraf 5
this over :
|Fahim Ashraf||not out||5||11||0||0|
- Time for celebrations! Sarfraz Ahmed has been handed the Trophy and he is all smiles. The entire Pakistani side is posing for a photograph. That brings us to the close of an one-sided series. Pakistan are going strength-to-strength. Everything is working well for them and the pleasing thing for them is that they have a wide range of players to choose from. The woes for the Sri Lankans continue. Three whitewashes in the same year in ODIs doesn't really auger well for them. The T20I series is coming up. One more opportunity for the visitors to get their act together. Join us for the first game on 26th October in Abu Dhabi at 2000 local (1600 GMT). Till then, goodbye and cheers!
- Sarfraz Ahmed starts by thanking the Almighty and is really happy that they achieved a whitewash. Is short of words to laud the spell of Usman Khan and opines that he finished the match in the first 10 overs. Adds they have a lot of options now and everyone is contributing as and when the opportunity is given. He is pleased with their bowling but informs that he would be a bit more happy if their batting improves. Credits the team management and selectors and ends by thanking the crowd.
- Upul Tharanga says that they are not playing to their strengths. Adds that he is very disappointed. Further mentions that they didn't go past the 200-run mark on four occasions. States that the Pakistani bowlers' key to success is that they always strive for wickets. Rues the fact that they have suffered three whitewashes this year and will be aiming to improve in all departments.
- Man of the Series, Hasan Ali thanks the Almighty and appreciates the support from the crowd as well. Adds he sticks to the basics and it is working nicely at the moment for him. Further says the conditions here in the UAE are tough but he keeps complete focus on how to get wickets. Informs the bouncer is the main weapon in his armory as he always wants to put the batsmen on the back foot.
- Man of the Match, Usman Khan says that he is thankful to the Almighty. Adds that he is pleased with his performance and credits the bowling coach for it. Mentions that he is happy to have made this opportunity count. States that his Dad forced him to play cricket and now when he looks back, he feels proud of his journey. He wants to dedicate this award to his parents. Informs that he focused on swinging the ball today and it worked out for him.
- Ideally, Pakistan would have liked to win this by 10 wickets but the openers could not quite take the team past the finishing line. One of them stayed not out while the other got out, neither of them getting a half century. Sri Lanka were better with the ball, than with the bat. Nothing much can be described when they have bowled only slightly more than a T20I inning. In fact, the whole match has not even lasted a proper inning of an ODI. No doubts about the Man Of The Match but the real question is who gets the Series Award. If we were given the glory of being the jury, we would give it to Hasan Ali. Stay tuned for the presentation to find out who eventually gets it...
- Pakistan will take this as a statement of intent to the world. An incompetent Sri Lanka may not be the best example but it definitely makes the world notice that their win over India in the Champions Trophy final was not a fluke. They have followed that with 5 more in a row. It is also their 9th successive win in ODIs and 11 out of their last 12.
- Usually teams save their best for the last. Sri Lanka have saved their worst for this final one. Cannot blame the batsmen entirely for not being able to play out Usman with his swing and movement. But this was not a 103 all out pitch, which came mostly due to some slogging from Thisara and Prasanna. His 5/34 today is his best not only in one-day cricket but in List A cricket as well. Terrific effort.
- Pakistan have done it. A whitewash. Their 6th in a 5-match bilateral ODI series. Their first time since 2008. This win with 178 balls remaining is their fifth biggest in ODI history. To cut things short, it was Pakistan's day. It has been Pakistan's series.
- 20.2 FOUR! Imam seals it for Pakistan in a convincing manner! Fraction short outside off, Imam rocks back and cuts it past short third man for a boundary. What a performance it has been from the home side throughout the series! Smiles all around in their camp. 9th win in a row in ODIs for the hosts while 12th defeat for Sri Lanka on the trot. PAKISTAN WIN BY 9 WICKETS WITH 178 BALLS TO SPARE!
- 20.1 Tossed up delivery, pushed to mid on for a run. Pakistan inching closer to a victory.
- 19.6 Tossed up outside off, Fahim goes for an agricultural slog across the line but gets it off the inner half to deep mid-wicket. A run taken. 100/1
- 19.5 Pushed quicker through the air, Ashraf hangs back and blocks it.
- 19.4 Googly on off, Imam shuffles across and works it to square leg for a run.
- 19.3 The wrong one outside off, Fahim eases it to covers for a run.