Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (ODI)
Date: Friday, 20 October 2017 Venue: Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium, Sharjah Match Status: Match Ended
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets
Pakistan 177/3 (39.0 ov) R/R 4.54 | Match Ended
- Babar Azam 47,
- Shoaib Malik 69
this over :
|Babar Azam||not out||69||101||5||0|
|Shoaib Malik||not out||69||81||2||3|
- Right then, that's all we have from this match. Pakistan register their eighth win on the trot while Sri Lanka experience their 11th consecutive loss. It all appears like one-way traffic at the moment. Will we see anything different in the last ODI on 23rd October? Do join us at 1000 GMT (1400 local) to find out. Until then, it's goodbye from all of us here. Cheers!
- Sarfraz Ahmed says that the surfaces in the Test matches were a bit different. Adds that he is happy with the team's effort. Mentions that the boys are handling the pressure well and making his job easier. Praises Babar Azam and Shoaib Malik for their batting. Also credits the bowlers for their performance. Feels that Usman Khan had a good debut. Reckons that they will assess the conditions for the next game and then decide the batting order.
- Upul Tharanga says the batting has let them down and repeating the same mistakes has not helped. Cannot exactly put his finger on what's going wrong. Feels there might be a confidence issue, as no batsman is going on to get a big score. Mentions Dinesh Chandimal's run out was the turning point in the game. Applauds Akila Dananjaya for his wonderful bowling performances but rues the fact that the other bowlers aren't supporting him well.
- Man of the Match, Babar Azam says that he is happy with his knock and is pleased to win the award. Mentions that he wants to give his hundred percent in every match. States that he focused on stitching a partnership with Shoaib Malik and it worked out well. Ends by saying that he is thankful to the Almighty for this performance.
- Yet another cakewalk for Pakistan and they go 4-0 up in the series. Their bowlers set the tone early on by bundling out the Lankans cheaply and then after some initial stutter, the pair of Babar Azam and Shoaib Malik drove them home. Nothing much to write for the visiting team. They were abysmal with the bat which didn't provide their bowlers enough runs to play with and as a result, in spite of some excellent bowling initially, they suffered a hefty defeat. This is Sri Lanka's 20th loss in 2017, their joint-most in any calendar year alongside their performance in 1999.
- 38.6 SIX! Blazing way to get over the finishing line! Floated in line of the stumps, Malik dances down the track and muscles it down the ground. Lakmal at long off positions himself near the rope but the ball sails over his head. Smiles all around in the hosts' camp. PAKISTAN WIN BY 7 WICKETS WITH 66 BALLS TO SPARE!
- 38.5 FOUR! Malik uses his feet to the tossed up delivery and heaves it over wide long on. The fielder near the fence is interested but the ball goes over him and on the bounce over the boundary ropes. Pakistan one hit away from a win.
- 38.4 Stays back to the flatter one and defends it.
- 38.3 Azam bludgeons this one to long on for a run.
- 38.2 Strides forward and defends this one.
- 38.1 Digs this out down the ground towards long on for a run.
- 37.6 Tossed up delivery, defended off the front foot. 165/3
- 37.5 On the pads, clipped to fine leg for a couple.
- 37.4 Played to the point region by the batsman. One run added to the total.
- 37.3 SIX! Brilliant execution! Tossed up delivery, Malik makes room and goes inside out over extra cover for half a dozen. That was a treat to the eye. The 100-run stand also comes up with this. Marvelous stuff!