Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (ODI)
Date: Wednesday, 18 October 2017 Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi Match Status: Match Ended
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 7 wickets
Pakistan 209/3 (42.3 ov) R/R 4.94 | Match Ended
- Shoaib Malik 0,
- Mohammad Hafeez 5
this over :
|Mohammad Hafeez||not out||34||51||4||0|
|Shoaib Malik||not out||0||0||0||0|
- Right then! The Test series belongs to Sri Lanka while Sarfraz's men have come back hard to seal the ODI series. We still have two matches to go and with nothing to lose, expect both the sides to test their bench strength. Pakistan would look to dominate further and hand a whitewash while Sri Lanka would be playing for pride. The fourth ODI will be played in Sharjah at 1400 local (1000 GMT). Do join us for all the action. Before we leave, we wish all our users a very Happy Diwali and a Happy New Year! Stay safe, folks! Enjoy and cheers!
- IMAM-UL-HAQ is awarded THE MAN OF THE MATCH for his immaculate innings. He scored a century and holds the record for the second highest score by a Pakistan batsman on debut!
- Well, for the visitors, nothing is going right. Their dry run in colored clothing is only swirling down the spiral and it would require something extraordinary on their part to turn the tide. Their batsmen once again didn't show any fight apart from their skipper while their bowlers were really toothless and hence are on the other side of the result. They are now holding an unwanted record - this is their 10th successive loss in the format and are on course of suffering another whitewash...
- Imam-ul-Haq and Fakhar Zaman got their team off to a perfect start. The latter departed but the former made the most of the opportunity that was on offer. He got a life twice on 29 and then on 89 both by Dickwella but otherwise he was fluent enough throughout. He registered a record - only the second Pakistan batsman to score a ton on debut. He stayed there, stitched valuable stands with Azam and Hafeez before getting out at the door step to victory. More than anything, the opening woes that the hosts had, seemed to have settled and should give them a huge relief as this was one department where they have been stuttering.
- What a performance from Pakistan! This is their SEVENTH CONSECUTIVE win in the ODIs. Never for a moment it seemed like they were under the pump in this game. Apart from the toss, everything else went their way. They restricted Sri Lanka to 208, courtesy a mind boggling spell from Hasan Ali who led the charge by picking up a 5-fer, which happens to be his career-best figures too! The wicket was on the slower side and it required a good batting effort to gun down the tricky target and guess what? Pakistan achieved it without breaking a sweat.
- 42.3 That's it! PAKISTAN SEAL THE SERIES 3-0! Vandersay loops it up outside off, Hafeez leans ahead and drives it through covers for a single. Smiles all around in the Pakistan dressing room, they needed this after a tough series loss in the Tests! Well played!
- 42.2 FOUR! Scores are level! Floats it up around middle, Hafeez clears his front leg and with those strong bottom hand he lofts it cleanly over mid on to pick up a boundary.
- 42.1 Tossed up around middle and off, Hafeez lunges forward in defense.
- 42.1 Wide! Fuller and fired down leg, Hafeez misses his flick.
- Shoaib Malik walks in next!
- 41.6 OUT! The centurion departs! He fails to take his team over the line! But what an innings, gets a warm applause from the crowd as he trudges back! Perera bowls a short ball down the leg side, slower in pace. Imam tries to help it on its way with a pull shot but the lack of pace on the ball brings his downfall. He gloves one to the keeper who takes the catch easily. No celebration from them As Pakistan require half a dozen more to win. 203/3
- 41.5 Good length delivery on middle and leg, flicked through mid-wicket for a single.
- 41.4 HUNDRED ON DEBUT FOR IMAM-UL-HAQ! Well played, young man! He is absolutely delighted, leaps in the air, punches it and then lets out a roar. Takes his helmet off, goes down on his knees and does a sajdah! Becomes only the second Pakistan player to get a hundred on debut and third youngest overall. Agreed, he had his fare share of luck but then you need to make it count. Coming to the ball, short delivery on the body, pulled through square leg for a single.
- 41.3 Fuller ball, angling in on the pads, clipped off the inner half through square leg for a single.
- 41.2 Beaten! On a length and outside off, Hafeez tries to go after it but is beaten all ends up.