Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (ODI)
Date: Friday, 13 October 2017 Venue: Dubai International Cricket Stadium, Dubai Match Status: Match Ended
Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 83 runs
Sri Lanka 209/8 (50.0 ov) R/R 4.18 | Match Ended
- Suranga Lakmal 7,
- Akila Dananjaya 2
this over :
|Akila Dananjaya||not out||50||72||5||0|
|Suranga Lakmal||not out||7||9||1||0|
- So that is it from us for this game! Pakistan have put in an all-round performance to take a 1-0 lead in the series. Sri Lanka were pretty poor and let us hope they learn from their mistakes and come out fighting. Will we see the visitors level the series in the next game? It will be played on the 16th of October in Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi (1100 GMT), 1500 local. Till then, good bye and cheers!
- Pakistan skipper, Sarfraz Ahmed starts by thanking the almighty. Credits his batsman and bowlers for the way they played. Reckons he has a lot of options with the ball and he makes full use of those. Opines the conditions here are favorable for batting first. Ends by saying the experienced players gave them confidence after the loss in the Test series.
- Sri Lankan skipper, Upul Tharanga says they lost five wickets cheaply. Mentions at one stage they could have kept them under 270 but were sloppy in the field towards the end. He feels the batsmen need to take responsibility and score big in the next game.
- Man of the Match, Shoaib Malik says they were bowling well in the middle overs. Admits rotating the strike was important. Further adds a few dot balls can be covered in the end. Credits Babar Azam and Hafeez for their innings. Mentions when you have experience you need to stand up when the team is down.
- The Sri Lankan batsmen did not apply themselves in and there was only one 50-run stand in their innings. Lahiru Thirimanne and Akila Dananjaya were the only two who showed some fight but it was never going to be enough. Earlier in the day, the away side managed to win the toss and put the home side into bat. They set a massive 293 as a target courtesy of a hundred from Babar Azam and a breezy 81 from Shoaib Malik. The target proved to be too much for the visitors as the Pakistan bowlers kept chipping away at the wickets and made it difficult for them. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- The Lankans have been blown away by Pakistan. Chasing 293 was never going to be easy and they got off to the worst start possible losing Dickwella early and then they never recovered. Ruman Raees ran through the top order and then Hasan Ali made a mockery of the middle order. Even the spinners did their bit, with Hafeez being the pick as he was economical and also took the all important wicket of Tharanga.
- 49.6 That's it! PAKISTAN WIN BY 83 RUNS! Shortish outside off, Lakmal cuts it through backward point for a run. Sri Lanka have managed to play out the fifty overs. Pakistan will be disappointed with that. They would have wanted to bowl them out early. Nevertheless they will be happy with the fact that they have won it. It is their 5th consecutive win and it is Sri Lanka's 8th consecutive loss in ODIs.
- 49.5 Fifty for Akila. His first in ODI cricket. He is very happy, acknowledges the applause from the dressing room. Hasan bowls it shorter in length on off, Akila tries to pull it but gets an inside edge besides the pitch and the batsmen run through for a quick single.
- 49.4 Akila finally gets on strike! Full ball on off, Lakmal tries to go big but gets it off the inner half through square leg for a run.
- 49.3 FOUR! Shorter in length on middle. Lakmal pulls it hard over mid on for a boundary.
- 49.2 Slower ball completely foxes him. Lakmal tries to keep it out but gets beaten.
- 49.1 Length ball on off, Lakmal tries to play across the line but gets an inside edge onto his pads.
- 48.6 Full toss on middle, Lakmal mistimes his drive towards long on for a run. 202/8
- 48.5 Fullish ball on off, Lakmal tries to go big but hits it back to the bowler who deflects the ball to the man at covers.
- 48.4 Fuller in length on off, Lakmal drives it to mid on.