New Zealand Vs Pakistan Live Score (T20)
Date: Sunday, 28 January, 2018 15:03 IST Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui Match Status: Match Ended
Pakistan beat New Zealand by 18 runs
New Zealand 163/6 (20.0 ov) R/R 8.15 | Match Ended
- Tom Blundell 2,
- Mitchell Santner 24
this over :
|Tom Blundell (W)||not out||3||5||0||0|
|Mitchell Santner||not out||24||12||3||1|
- So, Pakistan have become the no. 1 side in the T20Is. They suffered a 5-0 whitewash, they were 1-0 down in the T20I series and have comeback in emphatic manner to seal the series. They can now concentrate on the domestic T20 league while the Kiwis will now go to their neighboring country, Australia to play a tri-series including England. Before we leave, you can catch some action from the on-going Australia vs England, 5th ODI where the Aussies are cruising along. Until then, goodbye and cheers!
- Winning captain, Sarfraz Ahmed thanks the Almighty. Credits his bowlers and states it's because of them they have won the series. Is proud of the boys for being 0-6 down and then coming back and winning the series. Feels it was an all-round display from them today and is happy to be on the right side of the result. Opines if you have wickets in hand, the lower-order can capitalize and that is what they did today. Signs off by thanking the crowd for their support.
- Kiwi skipper, Kane Williamson starts by crediting Pakistan. Admits they weren't good with the ball nor with the bat and rues their fielding big time. Feels the score wasn't that big to chase down but praises opposition's bowling to not let them off the hook. Lauds Taylor and Bruce for revoking the hopes by some massive hits but once again emphasizes on the fielding as it plays an important role. Ends by saying they need to sort their issues as they can't afford to blip with the tri-series coming up.
- Man of the Series, Mohammad Amir is happy with his performance. Is disappointed to lose the ODI series but is happy to come back and win the T20Is. Reckons, variations play a very important role in T20s and he just keeps working on it. Ends by saying they are happy to become the no. 1 team.
- Man of the Match, Shadab Khan thanks the Almighty and then his parents for pushing him. Says he loves playing there and that he carried his form from the Australian domestic T20.
- Chasing 182 was never going to be easy and New Zealand needed a flier to be in the chase. The Pakistan bowlers were right on the money to not let the Kiwi openers settle in. Martin Guptill alone batted is way to a half century but the 13th over from Shadab Khan dented all the hopes that the hosts had. However, Ross Taylor then walked in and swung around to revoke the hopes but a good review from Amir end his stay. Amir and Raees then displayed classic death bowling and ran away with the game.
- What a win for Pakistan! Thoroughly deserving! They have once again outclassed and outplayed the Kiwis to come out on top. Wonder where was this intensity when the tour began? Anyway, it's past now and today is something they would cherish as they end the tour on the right note. Summary - they won the toss and opted to bat. Once again their batting clicked (something that was lacking throughout) as a unit as they amassed a huge score on the board, courtesy some shoddy fielding from the home side.
- 19.6 PAKISTAN SEAL THE T20I SERIES! They beat the Kiwis by 18 runs! Ashraf bowls a yorker on the stumps, Santner jams it out back down the track and it hits the stumps at the other end.
- 19.5 FOUR! Edged! Slower delivery outside off, Santner goes hard at it. Gets a thick edge and it flies over short third man for a boundary.
- 19.4 SIX! What a hit! Makes room to a length ball and slams it a long way over long on for a maximum. Sarfraz is angry on his bowler. He wants him to hit the yorker length but it's nowhere near to it.
- 19.3 Yorker length, perfect from Faheem. Santner fails to put bat on ball.
- 19.2 Dropped! Back of a length delivery on middle, Santner hits it hard towards long on. Fakhar Zaman comes across to his left, puts in a dive but fails to hold on to the catch. Two taken.
- 19.1 Makes room and pulls it towards wide long on for a couple of runs.
- 19.1 Caught but it's a no ball! A waist height full toss, Blundell swings at it. Rumman Raees at deep square leg takes it and then realizes it is a no ball. They take one. Free Hit! Do New Zealand still have a chance?
- 35 required off the final over. NZ need 6 maximums...