New Zealand Vs Pakistan Live Score (T20)
Date: Monday, 22 January, 2018 11:11 IST Venue: Westpac Stadium, Wellington Match Status: Match Ended
New Zealand beat Pakistan by 7 wickets
New Zealand 106/3 (15.5 ov) R/R 6.84 | Match Ended
- Ross Taylor 22,
- Colin Munro 25
this over :
|Colin Munro||not out||49||43||3||2|
|Ross Taylor||not out||22||13||3||0|
- That is it from this game then! Expected more of a contest frankly, given that Pakistan are excellent in this format. Let us hope for some competition come the second T20I at Eden Park in Auckland at 1900 local (0600 GMT) on Thursday, 25th January, 2018. Until then, ADIOS! Take Care!
- Victorious Kiwi captain, Tim Southee is pretty calm. Says that the plan was to win the toss, bowl well and pick up wickets. That exactly happened but feels that his team bowled really well. Is proud of the way his bowlers blunted the attack from the Pakistan openers. Praises Seth Rance for showing consistency in his performance which is a reward for his domestic heroics. Praises Munro as well for staying till the end and taking the team home. Is excited about the youngsters breeding in the side.
- Pakistan skipper, Sarfraz Ahmed is downcast. Admits that losing wickets early hampered them and they could never recover. Feels that not able to keep wickets in hand and inability to play the new ball created the havoc. Hopes to play well in the second match. Praises the new-ball bowlers of his own side and feels 140-150 could have been defended.
- Man Of The Match, Colin Munro, says that it was very pleasing for him and the team to get over the line. Admits that it was a tricky wicket, so took some time to settle. It was about trying to bat as deep as possible for him. Wouldn't call that a shocker of a wicket, he says, but yes, it was pretty up and down. Is happy that the Kiwis managed to restrict Pakistan to 105. On his own batting consistency, he says that he has evolved in the last 12 months. Initially, he was only playing well in the shorter format but he has been training hard and the improvement can be seen. On his hand, which was bruised thanks to a hit from a throw, Munro plays it down, saying that it is alright, just needs to be kept under ice for some time.
- After being bowled out for 105, not many teams come out firing with the ball but Pakistan showed some gumption for a fight, at least in the Powerplay. They had the Kiwis 8/2 by the 4th over but could not quite build on that. Rumman Raees and Shadab Khan bowled superbly while the rest were ineffective. 6th loss in a row in international cricket for Pakistan in New Zealand. Stay tuned for the presentation...
- Pretty unfortunate then, given the way the match ended. Colin Munro looked in great shape to get to his half century but a hat-trick of boundaries from Ross Taylor changed the scenario. Otherwise, a good game for the Kiwis, with Munro dominating proceedings but they would have wished the likes of Glenn Phillips and Tom Bruce to take centrestage.
- 15.6 WIDE! Munro does not get a fifty but New Zealand win! Anti-climax. Like what happened in Whangarei during the NZ-WIN ODI series, where Rovman Powell bowled a delivery down the leg side to Taylor, this time Hasan bangs it in short and high over the batsman's head. That time, Taylor was on 49, this time, he wanted to eke out a dot ball but Pakistan had other ideas. 1-0 up then, go New Zealand.
- 15.5 FOUR! Hat-trick of boundaries! Will Munro get to his fifty? Full and outside off, Taylor leans into this one and drives it through the covers for a boundary again! The scores are level!
- 15.4 FOUR! The result is the same! This is shorter in length and Taylor pounces onto it, pulling it wide of deep mid-wicket for consecutive boundaries!
- 15.3 FOUR! CLUNK! Full and outside off, Taylor comes forward a touch and whacks it over mid-wicket for a boundary! The target is into single digits now.
- 15.2 Outside off again, placed straight to cover.
- 15.1 Outside off, crunched through the covers for a single.
- Hasan Ali is back on.
- 14.6 DROPPED! But a good effort from Umar Amin. A flighted ball outside off, CM gets down and mows it over mid-wicket. Looks like he has got enough but Amin leaps correctly at the fence. However, he is unable to hold onto it. Just a single. End of a terrific spell from Shadab - 4-0-18-1. 15 dots and just a four and a six. 92/3
- 14.5 Another wrong 'un, Colin backs away and looks to cut but misses. Extra bounce as well.