New Zealand Vs England Live Score (ODI)
Date: Wednesday, 28 February, 2018 13:01 IST Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui Match Status: Match Ended
England beat New Zealand by 6 wickets
England 225/4 (37.5 ov) R/R 6 | Match Ended
- Jos Buttler 36,
- Ben Stokes 15
this over :
|Ben Stokes||not out||63||74||7||1|
|Jos Buttler (W)||not out||36||20||2||3|
- So, that is it from this game. New Zealand's 9-match winning streak comes to an end here today. Also to make matters worse along with Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor has also been added to the injury list. The hosts would probably would hope for it to not be very serious and have both available for the next game. The visitors on the other hand have surely recovered from the loss in the first game. they now have momentum on their side and they would look to take it forward in 3rd ODI. Wellington is where it is going to be played on the 3rd of March at 1400 local (0100 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye.
- Winning captain, Eoin Morgan, says they raised their intensity in this game. Reckons Willey and Woakes were very good at the start. Credits the way they fielded. Admits they tried to use the wind to their advantage as they have done before in the Windies. Further adds they tried doing the basics right in the field, something they could not do in Hamilton. Ends by saying if they imposed themselves on the crease, the runs were going to come on what was a very good batting surface.
- Losing captain, Tim Souhtee, says it is always difficult after giving 4 run outs to the oppositions. Credits their bowlers to keep creating opportunities in an attempt to defend a low total. Informs their plan was to keep creating chances and building pressure on the opposition. Informs it was a decent surface and they did not quite play well on it. States the preparation for the next game will remain the same. About Ross Taylor he says they will asses his injury and know about it in two days time.
- Man of the Match, Ben Stokes, says they wanted to come back strong after the defeat in the first game. Credits the bowlers for their effort in the first half. He is happy with the way he played and says all the efforts in practice paid off. Adds they were quite equal with bat and ball in the first game but their fielding was poor. Ends by saying they did well in this game came out on top.
- The home side did try their best with both the ball and in the field. They too like England were electrifying. They pulled of some sharp chances but also dropped some hard ones which needed to stick. Their bowling too did not get a lot of assistance from the wicket and hence defending 224 was always going to be an uphill task for them. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- So a dominant display here by England to make it 1-1. To be honest, it was all set up by their bowlers after they restricted the hosts to a modest total. Chasing 224 was never going to be a tough ask for their star studded batting line-up. They did lose wickets at regular intervals at the start but one good partnership was all they needed. Eoin Morgan and Ben Stokes did provide them with it as the two added 88 for the 4th wicket, with both scoring half tons. The English skipper did fall with the visitors still needing something close to 50. But Jos Buttler along with Stokes ensured there were no further hiccups.
- 37.5 SIX! Finishes it off in style! A short ball on middle, Buttler rocks back and pulls it all the way to level the series. ENGLAND WIN BY 6 WICKETS!
- 37.4 Floats it up on middle, nudged away on the leg side for a run.
- 37.3 The batsman has played it towards mid-wicket. They pick up a single.
- 37.2 Down the leg side, Buttler tries to work it on the leg side but it goes off something to the keeper who catches and puts in a stifled appeal but the umpire shakes his head.
- 37.1 Tosses it up on middle, eased down to long on for a run.
- Mitchell Santner is back on.
- 36.6 Pushed to covers off the back foot. 216/4
- 36.5 The batsman has punched the ball off the back foot. One run added to the total.
- 36.4 Played through mid-wicket by the batsman.