India Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (T20)
Date: Sunday, 24 December, 2017 23:11 IST Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets
India 139/5 (19.2 ov) R/R 7.24 | Match Ended
- MS Dhoni 16,
- Dinesh Karthik 15
this over :
|Dinesh Karthik||not out||18||12||0||1|
|MS Dhoni (W)||not out||16||10||2||0|
- Another series win for the Indians. This is their 16th series win at home since November 2015. WOAH! How dominant are they at home? Well Sri Lanka would know as they were unable to avoid a whitewash. India on the other have tougher challenges ahead and they look a good enough side to compete. So folks, that is it from the coverage of this game. Merry Christmas to everybody. Good bye and take care!
- Indian skipper, Rohit Sharma, was always confident about winning the game as they still had more fire power to come. He says It was a plan playing with 6 batters and an all-rounder. Reckons every player who got an opportunity made an impact. He mentions it is a team effort and every player in the series has done his job, right from the one day series to the T20I series. States a lot of the guys who were playing their first game or their second game showed a lot of maturity. Admits since the series against Australia they have done a lot of things right. Ends by saying there were some hiccups but it is a part of the learning curve.
- Man of the series, Jaydev Unadkat, says things went really well for him. Mentions to get such results is a big thing. Admits the Indian T20 League and the handwork in the nets has paid off. Further adds the domestic circuit has helped him mature as a player. Informs he was eager to make his comeback. He says the comeback in 2013 was not that great but he is happy to have done well this time. Opines he is in an important phase of his career and he has to keep himself motivated and hope to do well for his team. Ends by saying the performance in the Indian T20 League and the domestic league has given him a lot of confidence.
- Sri Lankan skipper, Thisara Perera, says he is very proud of his bowling unit. Appreciates the fielding and credits the coach for that. Mentions they have learnt a lot as they know India is a big team at the moment and they hope to continue their good performance in the next series as well. He hopes their batting clicks on regular basis if they are to start winning games.
- Ravi Shastri says the they respect oppositions and stay grounded. Credits Jaydev Unadkat for the way he bowled. Admits giving the youngsters the opportunity was the main motive of this series. States a win or a loss in a T20 game does not matter to them. Ends by saying, South Africa is the real challenge now and the team is good enough to compete.
- Dinesh Karthik and Manish Pandey say they was under pressure but the ball was coming and and they backed themselves as only one boundary was needed. Mentions It was nice to see MS and Dinesh to finish it off in style. Reckon they batted well but is should have been over earlier. Credit Sri Lanka for their bowing. Karthik Admits the wicket suited him as there was good pace and bounce. He further adds the pitch would have been a great day 1 Test wicket. He opines It is tricky to play a T20 on this wicket as there is something for the bowler and for the batsmen. Ends by saying they have been quite dominant in this tour, except for the game in Dharamsala. Appreciates the batsmen and the bowlers for their performance. We now have the Indian coach, Ravi Shastri, for another interview.
- Earlier in the game, Sri Lanka won the toss and opted to bat first. They posted what looked like a below-par total with Asela Gunaratne top scoring for them with a 36. Every Indian bowler except for Siraj was impressive with Jaydev Unadkat being the pick off the bowlers, going for just 15 runs in his four overs and picking two wickets. We now have Sanjay Manjrekar with Manish Pandey and Dinesh Karthik for an interview.
- India seemed to be in trouble but then a 42-run stand between Iyer and Pandey put them in command. Though the former was run out in an unfortunate manner, the latter continued playing his shots. With 37 needed from 31, it seemed the home side will cruise to victory but two quick wickets for the Lankans gave them some hope. However, it was all diminished by the pair of Karthik and Dhoni who sealed it in the last over.
- 3-0, a whitewash is what India have inflicted on the Sri Lankan side. After two lopsided victories, we have finally witnessed a close encounter, a last over finish. Defending a modest-looking target of 136, the Lankans needed to bowl really well and they did exactly that. Chameera and Dananjaya were excellent in the Powerplay and did not give a lot away and also managed to take the early wicket of KL Rahul.
- 19.2 FOUR! Finishes it off in style! A full toss on the leg stump by Perera, Dhoni flicks it through square leg for a boundary. INDIA WIN BY 5 WICKETS!
- 19.1 SCORES LEVEL! Overthrows making the matter worse for the Lankans! It wouldn't have mattered though. Perera bowls it full on middle, Dhoni goes uppish but short of the fielder at long on. They complete one. The fielder scores a direct hit at the non-striker's end and the ball deflects away from the fielder backing up and the batsmen take another overthrow.
- 18.6 SIX! The bowler took a good 2 minutes to have a chat with his skipper before this ball and did a lot of fielding placement talk. After all that and all the thinking put into it, he ends up serving a full toss! Poor, very poor from Pradeep. He comes running in and bowls a high full toss. Not many would miss out on those and Karthik dispatches it over the mid-wicket fence for a biggie. 3 needed off the last over. 133/5
- 18.5 Up and over short mid-wicket but not enough on it to reach the boundary! A full ball on middle, Karthik flicks it over mid-wicket. The fielder in the deep runs to his left and makes a stop. Two taken by the batsmen 9 off 7. An important last ball coming up.
- 18.4 Dot! 11 off 8 now! Pressure getting to Karthik, he tries to be cheeky with a scoop but does not connect. Even though it was down the leg side the umpire does not call it a wide as he was trying the paddle scoop.
- 18.3 Fullish ball on middle, Karthik swings it through mid-wicket for a couple. 11 off 9 now.