India Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (T20)
Date: Wednesday, 20 December, 2017 23:11 IST Venue: Barabati Stadium, Cuttack Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 93 runs
Sri Lanka 87/10 (16.0 ov) R/R 5.44 | Match Ended
- Nuwan Pradeep 0,
- Vishwa Fernando 2
this over :
|Nuwan Pradeep||not out||0||0||0||0|
- So that brings us to the close of another one-sided affair. India continue to rule the roost while the Sri Lankans keep on slipping downhill. The visitors need to improve drastically if they are to challenge the hosts or else the one-way traffic will continue. Hope you enjoyed our coverage. Join us for the second T20I in Indore on 22nd December at 1900 local (1330 GMT). Till then, cheers and take care!
- Man of the Match, Yuzvendra Chahal says he was struggling at the start but found his rhythm when he got the wicket of Tharanga. Adds he was mixing the googlies and leg spinners to the left-handers and it worked. Praises Yadav for the way he bowled and they enjoy each other's success. Reckons they are used to bowling when the ball is wet and today they had enough on the board which allowed them to flight the ball.
- Indian skipper, Rohit Sharma starts by saying he knew that the toss wouldn't make much of a difference. Adds they needed to bat well, be it first or second and is happy as the conditions remained same in both the innings. Praises Rahul for the way he batted. Not an easy task when you come to a side after a break. Lauds Pandey as well to show good character to finish the things and is short of words to describe Dhoni's innings. Reckons they weren't sure what score would be good, they just wanted to get as many as possible. On Chahal and Kuldeep, he says they are the wicket-takers and every time they come out and deliver for us. They understand what the team expects from them. Has a word to say for Unadkat who provided an ideal start to them. Opines Bumrah and Pandya understand their jobs and ends by saying he is really happy to bowl well when the conditions weren't conducive.
- Sri Lankan skipper, Thisara Perera is disappointed to be on the losing side despite winning the toss. Credits the hosts' batsmen to bat really well to get so much on the board. Feels 160-170 was gettable, even 180 would have been gettable but rues the batting department for another flop show. On the Indian spinners, he reckons his side needs to practice well to counter them. Adds they practiced hard in the net sessions and ends by saying they don't have any players apart from this fifteen which are in the squad. Hopes for a better show in the next game.
- It's time for the presentation now. Here comes Perera first. Let's see what he has got to say...
- Manish Pandey says he was anxiously waiting to go out and bat and is happy to make it count when he got a chance. Further says they had got a good start and they just had to capitalize in the middle. Reckons he had a good outing against Sri Lanka the last time he played against them. Informs he looks to take his time at first and then attacks when he is set. On tips what Dhoni gave to him, he says Dhoni asked him to move across which can help him deal with the wide yorkers. Ends by saying it is a good start for them and hopes for a similar show in the next game.
- Well, Sri Lanka, they will be really kicking themselves at the moment. Firstly, they leaked too many at the death while bowling and then once again their batsmen were found wanting by the Indian spinners and they meekly surrendered without even showing any fight. From 46/2 they got bowled out for a scanty 87, handing India their biggest win in this format in terms of runs, shows how much they need to gear up in the years to come. We have Manish Pandey with Sanjay Manjrekar, let us hear him out...
- A dominating performance from India tonight! Yes, they had runs on the board but still with the fear of the dew factor looming around, they had to be at their best with the ball. The Indian spin twins, Yuzvendra Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav once again came to the fore and spun their web to leave the Sri Lankan batsmen stunned. Their variations and ability to thrive under pressure has been the talking point for a while now. Together they shared the spoils by bowling 8 Overs, giving just 41 Runs and picking up 6 Wickets between them. Once they did the damage, Hardik Pandya decided to take the advantage and came back well in the end to get three wickets to his name. Not to forget Jaydev Unadkat who with his cutters, outfoxed the batsmen and provided his team an ideal start.
- 15.6 OUT! And Hardik Pandya wraps things up! This is the biggest T20I win for India in terms of runs! That's someway to get going in the series! Ball - Pandya bowls the cutter, it's on the shorter side to which Fernando backs away and chips it straight to Unadkat at point who takes a dolly. INDIA WIN BY 93 RUNS!
- 15.5 Fuller in length and outside off, Vishwa just drives it through covers and comes back for the second.
- Nuwan Pradeep is the last man in.
- 15.4 OUT! Good catch from Rahul! Pandya gets his second! Length delivery, angling in on middle. Chameera swings it across the line and it goes towards deep square leg where Rahul moves a couple of steps to his right and takes it neatly. Can Pandya wrap it up in this over?
- 15.3 This one cuts back in from a length and pings DC high on the thigh pad.
- 15.2 Short of a length delivery on off, Dushmantha looks to cut it away but is beaten all ends up.
- 15.1 Length delivery, angling in from around off. Chameera tries to defend it away from the body but seems to have gotten an inside edge on the pads.