India Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 17 December, 2017 20:08 IST Venue: Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Sri Lanka by 8 wickets
India 219/2 (32.1 ov) R/R 6.82 | Match Ended
- Dinesh Karthik 26,
- Shikhar Dhawan 41
this over :
|Shikhar Dhawan||not out||100||85||13||2|
|Dinesh Karthik||not out||26||31||3||0|
- That is it! The Indian team is seen posing with the trophy. Another series win for them. Their 8th consecutive bilateral ODI series win. They continue their domination at home and also over the Lankans. The hosts now have turn their attention to the 20-over format also for the Lankans, who have a last chance to end a disappointing year on a high. The shortest format does throw a lot of surprises and it will be interesting to see if it there is any in the first T20I which will be played on 20th of December in Cuttack at 0700 Local (0130 GMT). Till then, take care and goodbye!
- Rohit Sharma says the team made a terrific comeback after the loss in Dharamsala. Credits the bowlers to pull the game back in the middle overs. Reckons it is a complete performance by the team which made his job easier as captain. Admits the first game was testing as a captain. Further adds the second game was a perfect one for him to settle into the team as skipper. Mentions with the bowlers they have the job becomes very easy. Appreciates the batting of Shreyas Iyer and terms him as a big positive. Also credits the spin twins for their performances. He ends by saying going abroad now will be very challenging for the team.
- Man of the series, Shikhar Dhawan feels he is batting at his best and is more consistent now. Opines he has worked a bit on his technique and also on his guard. Mentions his experience also comes into play as he understands the situation on how to deal with it. Reckons his conversation rate is quite high which has only helped his cause. Further adds, for him the team stands first and then individual performances comes. Ends by saying he is happy that he has taken his team over the finish line tonight.
- Man of the match, Kuldeep Yadav starts by saying their batsmen were set and they needed wickets to get back in the game. Opines the two wickets in his one over changed the momentum for them. Informs the wicket was very good for the spinners and is happy to make the most of the assistance. Ends by saying he has worked hard on his bowling and also at the same time has concentrated on his fitness.
- Sri Lanka skipper, Thisara Perera is really disappointed with their performance. Reckons it was a good chance to beat India in India but they could not execute their plans. Admits they got off to a good start today but couldn't capitalize. Appreciates Dananjaya by saying he is a special talent and he has a bright future ahead. Ends by saying they have already lost the ODI series and they now have to think about the future.
- Shreyas Iyer says he is enjoying himself while batting. Mentions it is a great feeling to play at the international level. Informs he has forgotten the way he was dismissed in the opening encounter and reckons he is now confident and backs himself in any situation when he goes out there.
- The Sri Lanka bowling looked clueless but to be honest the match was lost in the first innings itself when they could not capitalize on the platform set by Samarawickrama and Tharanga. From 160-2 to 215 all out in a decider, not always do you end on the right side of the result. When they came out to bowl, they had to pick up wickets and too in heaps. Their ploy of starting with a spinner did pay off but the rest of the bowlers lacked ideas and were taken to the cleaners which has only exceeded their wait to win an ODI series in India. Hang on, we have Shreyas Iyer alongside Sanjay Manjrekar for an interview...
- A dominating performance by India to clinch the series! They have made a mockery of the run chase to say the least. Sri Lanka did strike early with the wicket of Rohit Sharma and with the ball turning and doing all sorts of things it looked like the visitors would make a match of this. But it wasn't meant to be. The attacking duo of Shikhar Dhawan and Shreyas Iyer, gave no respite to the Lankan bowlers. Right from the outset, they played their shots and in no time took the game away from the visitors with their 135-run stand. The latter once again threw his wicket after getting to a half century but the former not only took his team over the line but got a ton under his belt too. Dinesh Karthik walked in and made sure there wasn't anymore hiccup and along with the southpaw opener sealed the deal with ease in the end.
- 32.1 FOUR! And Karthik finishes things off in style! Tossed up ball outside off, Dinesh makes room and goes inside out over extra cover for a boundary to end the match. Smiles all-around in the Indian dressing room as INDIA WIN BY 8 WICKETS AND 107 BALLS TO SPARE!
- 32.1 WIDE! SCORES LEVEL! Akila bowls it down the leg side and the umpire signals a wide.
- Akila Dananjaya is back on. Just 2 needed, will India seal the deal in this over?
- 31.6 The batsman has done well to keep that yorker at bay. 214/2
- 31.5 FOUR! Century for Dhawan! His 12th in this format. Take a bow, what an innings this has been. A thoroughly entertaining one. He has gone after the bowling right from the start and made sure he is there till the end. A full ball on leg stump by Asela. Dhawan tries sweeping it away. He gets it off the inner half but since he went hard at it, the ball races right between deep square leg and deep mid-wicket for a boundary. Removes the helmet and then shows his bat to the dressing room.
- 31.4 Shorter in length around off, Dhawan cuts it to point.
- 31.4 WIDE! Down the leg side and the umpire signals a wide.