India Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 10 December, 2017 17:05 IST Venue: Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala Match Status: Match Ended
Sri Lanka beat India by 7 wickets
Sri Lanka 114/3 (20.4 ov) R/R 5.59 | Match Ended
- Angelo Mathews 21,
- Niroshan Dickwella 26
this over :
|Angelo Mathews||not out||25||42||5||0|
|Niroshan Dickwella (W)||not out||26||24||5||0|
- That is it from us for today! The Lankans have shocked the world today by but as Mathews said they cannot afford to relax. With the series being a short one, India don't have much time to regroup and they need to address the issue quickly. Will they be able to level the series or will Sri Lanka clinch the series in the next game? Join us for the second ODI on the 13th of December in Mohali at 1130 local (0600 GMT) to find out what happens next. Till then, take care and cheers!
- Man of the Match, Suranga Lakmal, says he is very happy today. Informs he works very hard on his fitness which enables him to bowl the long spells. Also credits the coaching staff for the way he has been bowling.
- Sri Lankan skipper, Thisara Perera, credits their bowlers as they have done really well. He says they were disciplined and were hitting the right lengths. Feels this is a unplayable wicket and he did not expect such a wicket. He expected a score around 250 but due to the their good bowling they restricted them to a low total. Praises Suranga Lakmal saying that he is our spearhead over all formats. Adds further Tharanga gave them a good start and laid the platform for them. Ends by saying everything went their way today.
- Indian skipper, Rohit Sharma says, they were not up to the mark with the bat. He further adds the bowlers did try their best. He feels 70 to 80 runs more and it would have been a different game. Admits not always you will get to play on flat pitches and they want to strive on these conditions. Credits Dhoni for his innings by saying he has done it a lot of times and if he would have got support from the rest it would have made a difference. Ends by saying it is not such a great experience being on the losing side in your first match as captain.
- Angelo Mathews says this is a special win and they kept working really hard in the nets for this. Further adds they still have two more games to go and they can't relax. Admits you can't give India a sniff and you always have to put your foot on their throat. Credits the bowlers, especially Lakmal and also appreciates the fielding. Opines he never though the ball would move as much as it did. Mentions it is a big confidence booster for them but they can't be complacent. Informs he feels comfortable to bowl in the shorter format and it is the longer format in which he struggles.
- If not full, half the match was over for the hosts in the first innings after their dismal show with the bat. They didn't have enough on the board and it was always going to be tough for the pacers. Bumrah and Kumar did strike early but once the opposition started to counter-attack, they fell flat. Pandya was very expensive while a wicket off a no ball and sloppiness on the field didn't help their cause either. They need to rectify the mistakes they committed today if they are to level the series in the next one. Meanwhile, Angelo Mathews is alongside Manjrekar for an interview...
- Sri Lanka have beaten the odds to come out victorious here today. More than anything they will be relieved that they have finally managed to end their 12-match losing streak and boy, they did that in a stunning manner. After an emphatic show with the ball, 113 was always an easy task. Though they lost two early wicket but Tharanga continued his good run in 2017. He stroked a counter-attacking 49 which almost sealed the deal. Mathews offered good support while Dickwella came out swinging his bat and made sure they end up on the right side of the result.
- 20.4 FOUR! Mathews finishes it off in style! It all started with him with the ball and he ends it as well. Drives the full ball on off down to mid off for a boundary. They break their losing streak and now finally have a win after 12 games. Mathews pumps his fist after the ball crosses the rope. All smiles in the Sri Lanka camp as they WIN BY 7 WICKETS WITH 176 BALLS TO SPARE!
- 20.4 Wide! Sprays it down the leg side, Mathews misses the flick and the umpire calls it a wide.
- 20.3 Tried to finish it on this ball! He comes down the track and tries to go big but gets beaten.
- 20.2 The batsman has driven it through mid off.
- 20.1 Fuller in length outside off, Mathews lets it be.
- 19.6 Back of a length on off, defended off the back foot. 109/3
- 19.5 The batsman defends it from within the crease.
- 19.5 WIDE! Down the leg side, Dickwella misses the flick and the umpire calls a wide.