India Vs Australia Live Score (T20)
Date: Saturday, 07 October 2017 Venue: JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Australia by 9 wickets (D/L method)
India 49/1 (5.3 ov) R/R 9.25 | Match Ended
- Virat Kohli 22,
- Shikhar Dhawan 15
this over :
|Shikhar Dhawan||not out||15||12||3||0|
|Virat Kohli (C)||not out||22||14||3||0|
- So that is it from us for today. The Indians, just like the ODIs were dominant here as well. Australia's problems against the spin prevails and that was very evident in this one too. It's their batting which is letting them down and Warner would hope for a better show when these two meet next on the 10th of October in Guwahati. Will we see the Aussies leveling the series? Join us at 1900 local (0130 GMT) to find out. Till then, goodbye and take care!
- Man of the Match, Kuldeep Yadav is really happy to get his first Man of the Match award in this format. Adds he had specific plans on how to bowl to Finch and persisted with an overpitched ball which finally reaped him dividends. Informs he always looks for wickets and is not afraid of being taken for runs. Ends by saying he is gaining a lot of confidence by playing against the top teams.
- Virat Kohli credits the bowlers first up by saying they were up to the mark. He feels the DLS method is tough to understand. Further adds 48 in 6 overs can get tricky. Reckons it is a combined effort from the players. Mentions the management has done well by picking specialists for each format. Admits the bowling group is coming off nicely and he is happy with the group of players he has. Opines a cool head and good skills is what's required for the T20 format. Ends by saying Dhawan was unfortunate to miss out on so many games but is happy as he is back in the side.
- David Warner says it is a poor result for them and they have to come back in the second game. He admits they did not deserve to win this game. Credits the bowlers for their effort. He mentions he has no reason for the collapse and it has been their story for the last 12 months. Finishes off by saying Behrendorff is a good talent for the future.
- Earlier in the day - India won the toss and opted to bowl first. They had Australia on the mat at 118-8 with 8 balls left in their innings before rain intervened. After a long delay they were given a target of 48 in six overs and they got there quite comfortably. They now take a 1-0 lead in the T20I series. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- India win their 7th consecutive T20I game against the Aussies! To be honest, it was all India after the first innings. Their run chase started in sublime fashion with a boundary and a maximum on the first delivery of the first two overs. The wicket of Rohit Sharma by Coulter-Nile did give Australia some hope but Kohli came in to ensured there were no further hiccups. He then along with Dhawan took India to victory with three balls to spare.
- 5.3 FOUR! Kohli finishes it off in style! INDIA WIN BY 9 WICKETS (DLS)! Christian bowls it fuller in length on off, Kohli lofts it over extra cover to seal it for his side.
- 5.2 BRILLIANT COULTER-NILE! He has kept the Australians in the game! Shorter in length by Christian on middle. Kohli comes down the track and pulls it through backward square leg. Nathan in the deep runs to his right and makes a diving top to save two for his team. 3 needed now from 4.
- 5.1 Starts off from around the wicket and bowls a slower one outside off. Dhawan cuts it hard but straight to the man at deep cover for a run. 5 from 5 now.
- Daniel Christian to bowl the last over. They need 6 from 6. Can he win it for Australia?
- 4.6 The batsman drives this through the covers. 42/1
- 4.5 Slower through the air. Dhawan comes down the track and chips it towards long on for a run. Warner puts in an ambitious dive from mid-wicket but he was never going to get there.
- 4.4 Dances down the track and times it to covers.
- 4.3 ALMOST! Quicker and outside off, zips off the surface. Dhawan goes for the cut but gets beaten.
- 4.2 Similar length delivery on leg stump, skids off the surface. Kohli tries to play it through mid-wicket but gets an inside edge towards short fine leg for a run.