India Vs Australia Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 01 October 2017 Venue: Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Australia by 7 wickets
India 243/3 (42.5 ov) R/R 5.72 | Match Ended
- Manish Pandey 11,
- Kedar Jadhav 5
this over :
|Kedar Jadhav||not out||5||8||1||0|
|Manish Pandey||not out||11||11||2||0|
- That's it from us! The ODI series has come to close and India have won convincingly. Australia may have been outclassed, but there are positives for them to take and work on. They're going to have to do it quick too as the T20I series will begin in a few days. It's a different format and they have a fresh chance to bounce back. The first game will take place on 7th October in Ranchi at 1900 local (1330 GMT). Do join us for all the action. Till then, goodbye and take care!
- Indian captain, Virat Kohli says he is feeling really good and it was a very convincing series win for them. Adds that they have repeated what they did in Sri Lanka and he is really proud and happy. Further adds that the management is playing a massive role in motivating the players. Feels that they ticked most of the boxes in the series. Also says that Bhuvi and Bumrah were outstanding for them, class apart, and that's been the difference. Has a word of praise for the spinners and terms Hardik Pandya as the biggest positive of the series. On competition within the side, Kohli replies that it's a good headache to have, better to have in-form players than those not up to the mark. Credits the hard work of his boys for all the success.
- Man of the Series, Hardik Pandya says life is pretty good. Further says it's good to bat at No.4 and do good in the series. States there is always scope for improvement in everything he does. Adds that he works on his fitness and places a lot of importance on that. Ends by saying the different batting positions aren't what he's used to, so it's a learning experience for him.
- Man of the Match, Rohit Sharma says he is fine, just cramps as the weather is hot here. Adds that he keeps it very simple and that has worked for him. Feels that he still has certain areas to work on and he is aware of his strengths and weaknesses. Also adds that it was tough initially and he decided to get his eye in first. Informs it was more about rotating the strike and he kept talking with his partner. Says that he loves playing against Australia as they are very competitive and that brings the best out of him.
- Australian captain, Steven Smith says he thinks they were probably 30 runs under par. Adds his openers gave his side a good start but lost wickets in clumps later. Is disappointed with result and admits there obviously are a lot of things to work on. Thinks his team needs to get the right balance and put consistent performances on the board. Opines India thoroughly deserved to win the series 4-1. Is staunch when he says a lot of his players have played a lot of cricket in India so can't use 'a lack of experience' as an excuse. Feels they just have to be consistent and play well. States they have to keep a positive frame of mind, take the good things from this series and build on that. Further says his team is going to let this go pretty quickly and focus on the T20Is. Ends saying they want to go home with a trophy.
- Australia didn't have the best of days today. A lot more was expected off them, especially after how they performed in the previous game. They threw away yet another start with the bat to end up with an under par score on the board, which was courtesy some quality bowling from the Indian spinner. And then, were toothless with the ball. They lacked inspiration and ultimately succumbed to the Indian onslaught they endured. A day to forget for them. Don't go anywhere, the presentation will be coming up in a bit...
- A thumping performance from the Men in Blue. With this victory, they've won the series 4-1 and regained the No.1 spot in ODIs. With a target of 243 in front of them, India started off in the best manner possible. Sharma and Rahane got their team off to a blazing start. A century stand set the tone for the game before Rahane departed after scoring yet another fifty. Rohit (who scored an impressive ton) carried on with his skipper and the duo made a 99-run stand which more or less sealed the game. Jadhav and Pandey came in and added the finishing touches on a stunning chase.
- 42.5 FOUR! There it is, Manish Pandey does it! INDIA WIN BY 7 WICKETS AND 43 BALLS TO SPARE! As comfortable as any win could come for them. Outstanding performance. Pandey drills this full ball past the diving mid on fielder and sends it all he way to the boundary line.
- 42.4 FOUR! In the slot and Manish Pandey takes full advantage. Although, he didn't hit it cleanly, he won't mind. Fuller ball angling in on off, Pandey skews the slog off the inner half and beats the mid-wicket fielder all the way to the boundary line. India just one hit away from victory.
- 42.3 Fraction straighter in line, on middle stump this time. Pandey with a comfortable defensive shot in response.
- 42.2 Keeps it around the off stump line, it's defended down on the track right beside him.
- 42.1 Angling back in on middle and off, Manish moves inside the line and defends it in front of mid-wicket.
- 41.6 Pushed into the covers with the spin and a run is taken. 235/3
- 41.5 Flighted ball outside the line of off stump, drilled down to long off for a run.
- 41.4 Darts it quicker on leg, Jadhav misses his tickle and it goes off his pads on the leg side.