India Vs Australia Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 24 September 2017 Venue: Holkar Cricket Stadium, Indore Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Australia by 5 wickets
India 294/5 (47.5 ov) R/R 6.19 | Match Ended
- MS Dhoni 3,
- Manish Pandey 7
this over :
|Manish Pandey||not out||36||32||6||0|
|MS Dhoni (W)||not out||3||6||0||0|
- That is it from us for this game! India have managed to clinch the series and in some fashion. Australia have not been up to the mark in this series and they would now hope to win the next two games and salvage some pride. The next game will be played on the 28th of September in Bengaluru at 0800 GMT (1330 local time). Till then, goodbye and cheers!
- Man of the Match, Hardik Pandya says that he would have liked to finish it off but is happy with his contribution. Mentions that a promotion up the order was not a surprise but an opportunity for him to do well. States that he wanted to target the left-arm spinner. Adds that he settled in and played the big shots. Feels that there is always a scope of improvement. Ends by saying that he wants to keep contributing with the ball as well.
- Indian skipper, Virat Kohli says the wicket was really good to bat on. He admits it was a 330-340 wicket. He credits the bowlers for standing up when they wanted them to. Mentions the wrist spinners need to be backed and they will give you wickets. He reckons Australia were 25-30 runs short. Appreciates Hardik Pandya for his knock. Calls him a star and acknowledges that he was something they were missing - a strong hitter who can contribute with the ball. He informs the idea of promoting Pandya was of their coach Ravi Shastri. Ends by saying they might try some new players but the mindset remains the same.
- Australian skipper, Steven Smith says that he thought that they set it up nicely but failed to finish their innings well. Credits the Indians bowlers for executing their plans. Feels that a score above 330 would have been good on this track. Adds that in contrast to India, his side did not execute their plans well with the ball. Praises India for their composed display with the bat especially Rohit, Rahane and Pandya. On their batting, mentions that they had a great platform. Credits Finch for his superb century. Ends by stating that they were not good enough in the slog overs and the pitch also slowed up a little.
- The Australian bowling was flat and looked clueless. They had no answer to the brilliant batting display by the Indian top order. They did manage to provide a scare by picking a few quick wickets towards the end but it was never going to be enough. Also, their fielding was quite poor with Handscomb who is not their regular keeper dropping Rohit. Smith their captain dropping Pandya proved to be the turning point of the game. Earlier in the day, the visitors would also regret their middle order collapse which resulted in them posting a below par total. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- What a victory for India! They now have won nine games in a row which is the joint-longest winning streak for them in ODIs. Take a bow Pandya! You can talk about the Kohlis, the Dhonis, but this young man is something else. He was promoted up the order and he not only played a brilliant game but ensured India were inches away from victory before he got out. Now coming back to the chase - the Indian team never looked in trouble due to the sublime opening partnership between Rohit Sharma and Ajinkya Rahane. Both scored a half century apiece but failed to kick on. They lost both of them in quick succession but Pandya along with Kohli and then Pandey ensured there were no further hiccups.
- 47.5 A terrific display from the Men in Blue and they have taken an unassailable 3-0 lead in the series! Pinpoint yorker on the boots, Pandey manages to dig it out off the inner half to short fine leg. A run taken. Customary handshakes all around. The Indian camp is elated! A thoroughly well-deserved victory. INDIA WIN BY 5 WICKETS WITH 13 BALLS TO SPARE.
- 47.4 Back of a length delivery on off, MS Dhoni swivels and helps it through square leg to rotate the strike. India need one more to win the game and the series.
- 47.3 Low full toss on middle and leg, Pandey whips it through square leg. Coulter-Nile races to his right and makes a good stop. A run taken. Dhoni is on strike and the crowd erupts!
- 47.2 Shortish delivery in line of the stumps, pulled to mid-wicket.
- 47.1 FOUR! Hit with a lot of power! Full length delivery outside off, Pandey clears his front leg and tonks it over mid off for a one-bounce boundary. India just one hit away from a win.
- Kane Richardson returns for a bowl. This might be the last over of the match.
- 46.6 Landed on middle, played with soft hands towards mid on. Smith from short mid-wicket dives to his left to stop it. 287/5
- 46.5 Fullish on the boots, clipped to the same fielder again.
- 46.4 Spinning into Dhoni, tucked to mid-wicket.