India Vs Australia Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 17 September 2017 Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai Match Status: Match Ended
India beat Australia by 26 runs (D/L method)
Australia 137/9 (21.0 ov) R/R 6.52 | Match Ended
- James Faulkner 4,
- Adam Zampa 5
this over :
|James Faulkner||not out||32||25||1||1|
|Adam Zampa||not out||5||4||0||0|
- So that's it from us for this game. India have started the series on a high and they will look to continue in similar fashion. Australia on the other hand will look to come back with a bang when they play the hosts again in Kolkata on the 21st of September for the 2nd ODI. Hope you liked our coverage for this game. Until then, goodbye and cheers!
- Man of the Match, Hardik Pandya says that it was a good day for him. Reckons that the runs under the belt and some wickets too have helped him a lot. States that nothing has changed in the last year and emphasis on the fact that he is still the same. (When asked about his 24 runs over against Adam Zampa) Mentions that he knew what Zampa was going to bowl, so that made the job easy for him with Dhoni on the other end. Credits his coach and his teammates for always supporting him.
- VIRAT KOHLI, the Indian skipper, says that they wanted to put up a good score but they couldn't get a good start. Credits Dhoni and Pandya for their innings and lauds Kumar's efforts with the bat. Is pleased with the fact that the lower order have done well in the limited opportunities that they have got. About Pandya he says that self belief is the key for him and that works well for the team. Feels that he was the game changer today as he did well both with the bat and the ball. Mentions that the spinners bowled exceedingly well. Ends saying that it's a complete team performance as even the pacers did well and since they have a good T20 bowling attack they were relaxed in the rain break as well.
- STEVEN SMITH, the Australian skipper, says that they were in a good position at the start but MS Dhoni and Hardik Pandya played really well to take the game away from them. Reckons that it became really difficult to bat while chasing. Mentions that they cannot do anything about the weather, so won't complaint about it. Credits his new ball bowlers for bowling really well and hopes that they continue with it throughout the series. States that it was really tough batting to the new ball as there was some vibrant movement.
- Earlier, India were rescued from a precarious position thanks to a wonderful knock by MS Dhoni. Hardik Pandya gave him good company for a while before teeing off later. The Australians couldn't really recover from that and the rains added to their plight, as they had to wait for their turn to bat. They also had to get out on the ground and go back almost immediately. It was a win which would please the home team's management. Stay tuned as we get you the presentation in a while.
- A win which Virat Kohli will be happy with! Shortened targets are often favourable to the chasing sides but on this occasion, it's a different tale. India were always on the money by picking up regular wickets upfront. Once the visitors lost Smith and Head early, they were on the back foot. Warner's dismissal soon probably sealed it for them in the mind. Maxwell did give them some hope by belting the Indian spinners all over the park, but once he was gone, their chances vanished.
- 20.6 That's it! INDIA WIN THE GAME BY 26 RUNS (DLS Method) to take a 1-0 lead in the series! Fires a yorker just in line of the stumps, Zampa squeezes it out towards short fine leg for a single.
- 20.5 Another full ball outside off, Faulkner smashes that straight over the bowler's head for a single towards long off.
- 20.4 Fuller delivery outside off, Zampa lofts that over the cover region. Jadhav comes steaming in from the deep, dives forward but fails to reach the ball. Stops the ball and the batsmen run three in the process.
- 20.3 Fuller delivery around off, Faulkner drives it towards long on. Zampa wants the second but Kohli is quick to the ball. Faulkner sends him back but Zampa is halfway down the track. Kohli's throw from the deep ends up hitting Faulkner at the non-striker's end and Virat is not really happy about it.
- 20.3 Wide! Wide outside off, Faulkner lets it through to the keeper.
- 20.2 NOT OUT! Length delivery outside off, Faulkner swings his bat across. Gets an outside edge to it and the ball lobs towards MS Dhoni. The keeper dives forward and gobbles it but none of him or the umpire is sure if he has caught it. The umpire goes upstairs to check it. Replays show that it went on the bounce into Dhoni's gloves.
- There is an appeal for caught behind! The umpire goes upstairs to check if the catch by MS Dhoni is clean!
- 20.1 Length delivery outside off, slogged towards deep mid-wicket. No runs taken there.
- Jasprit Bumrah to bowl the final over for India.