England Vs West Indies Live Score (TEST)
Date: Friday, 25 August 2017 Venue: Headingley, Leeds Match Status: Match Ended
West Indies beat England by 5 wickets
West Indies 322/5 (91.2 ov) R/R 3.53 | Match Ended
- Shane Dowrich 0,
- Shai Hope 2
this over :
|Shai Hope||not out||118||211||14||0|
|Shane Dowrich (W)||not out||0||0||0||0|
- Winning can do wonders to a team's morale. West Indies will be on cloud nine at the moment and will head to Lord's with the hope of claiming the series. England, on the other hand, will have to quickly regroup after this embarrassing loss. The last Test match starts on 7th September. Do join us at 1000 GMT (1100 local) for all the action. Cheers!
- Man of the match Shai Hope says he feels great after that performance. Further adds they are working very hard as a team. Admits he always believes in himself no matter what he is doing. Mentions they did fancy themselves at the start of the day. Credits Jermaine Blackwood for the way he played and says he took a lot of pressure off him. Finishes by saying he hopes, he along with the youngsters can stitch some good performances and get some wins under their belt.
- West Indies skipper, Jason Holder says that he believes in his group and they have done outstanding things in the recent past. Adds that he just told his boys to believe in themselves. Terms the chase nerve-racking. Credits Shai Hope for his knock and also has a word of praise for Brathwaite. He is happy that they delivered on big stage. Thanks all the fans who have stuck around with them even after disappointing results. Admits that they still need to be a lot more consistent with the ball and emphazies on the fact that they have to work on their catching. A special mention by him for their bowling coach who lost his mother a few days back.
- England skipper, Joe Root says that it was a great Test match for everybody watching and he is happy to be a part of it. Credits Shai Hope for his innings against a high quality bowling line-up. Adds they know the Windies are a talented side and they never got complacent. Appreciates the fight and the determination showed by his team. Mentions it is always good to look back and think that things could have been done differently. Feels the dropped catches probably cost them the Test match. Acknowledges Dawid Malan and Mark Stoneman for their innings and is happy with the way they approached their batting under pressure during the chase. Ends by saying, he has no regrets about the decision to declare and if there is an opportunity to win the Test match they would want to take it.
- Cricket is a funny old game. You can never count any team out. Credit to West Indies for sticking around after a heavy defeat in the first Test match and in spite of all the criticism, they never lost focus. England will be shell-shocked at the moment. But they will admit that they are beaten by the better team. It was a great Test match and the declaration from Joe Root yesterday spiced it up. He could have easily batted on and on but instead decided to put the Windies in and force a result. However, his bowlers were not penetrative enough and the dropped catches didn't help their cause either.
- The home side batted better in their second innings and on day 4 managed to declare after achieving the lead of 321 runs. We all thought that it will be a big achievement for the Windies if they manage to draw this game but the tourists had other plans. Once again Kraigg Brathwaite and Shai Hope raised a century stand to keep the chase on track. Shai carried on after losing his partner and batted through, thereby registering his second century in the match, a record at this venue.
- Tremendous victory for West Indies to level the series! They were written off before this match after receiving a hammering at Edgbaston but they turned it around here. Great bowling by Shannon Gabriel and Kemar Roach restricted England to a low first innings total and then, powered by the centuries from Kraigg Brathwaite and Shai Hope, they managed to gain a 169-run lead.
- 91.2 WEST INDIES WIN BY 5 WICKETS! Their first in England in 17 years! Back of a length delivery on middle, Shai Hope jumps inside the crease and glances it off his pads through backward square leg to collect a couple of runs. Hope screams in joy, the West Indian players are absolutely delighted in the dressing room. What a win for them! Totally against everyone's expectations.
- 91.1 Fuller and on off, driven on the up to mid off.
- Shane Dowrich is the next man in. He is on a king pair.
- 90.6 OUT! Stumped! Rush of blood and Blackwood loses his cool. He dances down the track looking for the glory shot but it spins back in sharply with extra bounce to beat his bat. Bairstow does the rest. The end of Jermaine. He is not looking too happy but has done his job. 2 more needed for a win. 320/5
- 90.5 Floated ball on middle, tucked to mid-wicket for one.
- 90.4 Fuller and on off, driven through mid off for a single.
- Off goes the helmet. He is setting himself for a big shot, it seems.
- 90.3 On the pads, worked through square leg for a single.