England Vs West Indies Live Score (ODI)
Date: Tuesday, 19 September 2017 Venue: Old Trafford, Manchester Match Status: Match Ended
England beat West Indies by 7 wickets
England 210/3 (30.5 ov) R/R 6.89 | Match Ended
- Jonny Bairstow 12,
- Ben Stokes 23
this over :
|Jonny Bairstow||not out||100||97||11||0|
|Ben Stokes||not out||23||10||1||2|
- That's all we have from this one-sided affair. Let's hope for a better contest in the second ODI at Trent Bridge on 21st September at 1230 local (1130 GMT). Until then, it's goodbye and cheers!
- Man of the Match, Jonny Bairstow says it wasn't a great time to slip but was delighted to come back for the third run for his ton. Admits that it seems a long time ago since he made his ODI debut so he wants to make the most of the opportunity given to him. Ends by saying the internal competition in the team helps everyone to become better and do more.
- Eoin Morgan says he thought they came back well. Continues saying West Indies started off well but his team adapted to the conditions quickly. Adds their bowling was great according to him which kept the target to a decent amount. On the dropped chance, mentions Root doesn't drop many so it's important to keep creating chances. Praises Rashid as he kept bowling well, as did the bowling unit in general which was very encouraging to see. When asked about Bairstow, states that after a performance like this, it's very difficult to leave him out.
- Jason Holder reckons they were 40 runs short. Admits they didn't bowl well and conceded too many boundaries. Realizes that his side needs to rotate strike if the boundaries are not coming, that it's an area of concern. Acknowledges the contrast from T20 cricket. Adds they lost wickets at crucial moments and let themselves down by being too inconsistent. When asked about missing out on automatic World Cup qualification, says there's work to be done obviously, but the focus is on this series with Trent Bridge coming up first.
- West Indies were of no match. Apart from Chris Gayle's onslaught at the beginning, they never were in the game. Their bowlers were anything but impressive and it turned out to be a no contest. Courtesy this loss, the visitors now will have to play the World Cup qualifiers next year. Their tussle with Sri Lanka ends here and the Islanders will be thankful to England.
- Comfortable win for England. They were after a mediocre target and achieved it with minimum fuss. Jonny Bairstow and Alex Hales gave a quick start before the century stand for the second wicket almost sealed the deal. Bairstow grabbed the opportunity to open the innings with both hands and scored an unbeaten century to see his side through.
- 30.5 SIX! Finishes it in one blow. Tossed up ball, Stokes gets underneath it after dancing down the track and dismisses it over long on for a maximum. England win by 7 wickets!
- 30.4 Flatter delivery on middle, worked through mid-wicket for a couple of runs.
- 30.3 Maiden ODI hundred for Jonny Bairstow! Big moment for him. The crowd is on its feet and the English players in the balcony are applauding his effort. Flighted delivery, full and outside off, Jonny advances down the track and drills it through covers. Slips a bit while turning for the third run but completes the run with ease. He is all pumped up. Superb knock and Bairstow will be thrilled to grab this opportunity to open the innings.
- 30.2 Turning back into the batsman from a shorter length outside off, Jonny goes back and punches it to covers.
- 30.1 Flighted and full outside off, forced straight to covers.
- 29.6 SIX! High and handsome! Angling away from the batsman, Stokes dances down the track and launches it over long off for a biggie. 13 from the over! 199/3
- 29.5 Goes short and outside off, Bairstow plays the ramp shot and it's on one bounce to the third man fielder. A single taken.
- 29.4 Full in length and around off, Stokes bunts it to mid off and scampers across to the other end. The fielder misses his shy at the bowler's end and it hits Ben in the process. No harm done.
- 29.3 Good length ball on middle and leg, it's turned in front of square leg for a single.