Bangladesh Vs Zimbabwe Live Score (ODI)
Date: Monday, 22 January, 2018 22:10 IST Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur Match Status: Match Ended
Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 91 runs
Zimbabwe 125/10 (36.3 ov) R/R 3.44 | Match Ended
- Kyle Jarvis 7,
- Blessing Muzarabani 0
this over :
|Blessing Muzarabani||not out||0||1||0||0|
|Shakib Al Hasan||9||2||34||3|
- Man of the Match, Tamim Iqbal, says it was not the easiest wicket. Further adds the ball was moving around. Opines patience was the key and you have to put away the bad balls. Informs 230-240 would have been ideal but his wicket came at the wrong time. Mentions rotating the strike was crucial and he did that well with Shakib. Ends by saying it is a proud moment breaking Jayasuriya's record of scoring the most runs in a single venue.
- Bangladesh skipper, Mashrafe Mortaza, says the wicket played different. He felt they were about to score 280-300 but the wicket got tougher as the game progressed. Credits the effort by the no. 9 and 10 with the bat. He is happy with how the team is playing and he would hope for the same to continue.
- Zimbabwe skipper, Graeme Cremer, says it is difficult as all the wickets look similar but play different. Mentions the toss was not crucial as they don't know how the wicket would play. He feels they were good with the ball but threw it away with the bat. He is happy about his performance and says they did well to pull it back. Opines they gave Bangladesh a few soft wickets and they need to show more resilience with the bat. States they have enjoyed playing the tri-series and adds that the youngsters they have got along will learn a lot. He is hoping they could make it to the finals.
- Earlier in the day, Bangladesh looked like scoring something around 300 when Tamim and Shakib were batting with both scoring a half ton. But a brilliant spell by Cremer who bagged a four-fer helped them pull things back in between. However, 46 runs from the last two wickets saw the Bangladeshi side set a total which proved too much for the visitors. Stay tuned for the presentation.
- Every bowler shared the spoils. It was Mortaza and Shakib towards the start as they ran through the top order. With the former bagging two and latter taking three. Mustafizur Rahma who was very economical, finished things off. He ended up with figures of 6.3-3-16-2 and those three maidens were bowled on the trot.
- Chasing 217 was never going to be easy and once they lost four wickets in the Powerplay it was always going to be an uphill task. Raza, who has been their best player in this series once again was the only player who showed resistance to battle it out there. Moor and Cremer did provide support but the Bangladeshi bowling proved to be too strong for the away side.
- Mushfiqur Rahim is very pleased with the win. He says the wicket was tricky. Credits the lower order for their contribution with the bat. Further adds he felt 250 plus would have been very good on this track. Appreciates the Zimbabwean bowlers for their spell. Opines they needed to get their eye in with the bat and cash on later but could not do so. States they have a good bowling attack and they had the belief they could defend this. He finishes by saying they want to play good brand of cricket and carry on the momentum.
- Another comprehensive victory for Bangladesh. They have once again blown the visitors away. They have now won three out of three and showing the world they are force to reckon at home. Meanwhile we have Mushfiqur Rahim for an interview.
- 36.3 OUT! That's it! Mustafizur has the last laugh! He bowls it fuller on off, Jarvis tries to play the same shot which fetched a boundary on the previous ball. This time he does not time it well though and it goes straight to mid off where Mahmudullah takes it easily. BANGLADESH WIN BY 91 RUNS!
- 36.2 FOUR! Jarvis has some fight in him. A full ball on middle, Kyle strokes it straight back past the bowler for a boundary.
- 36.1 Fuller in length, driven to mid on.
- 35.6 Good length on off, defended. 121/9
- 35.5 The batsman has defended it by getting right behind the line of the delivery. They pick up a single.
- 35.4 Worked it with the angle, through mid-wicket for a brace.
- Blessing Muzarabani is the last man.