Bangladesh Vs Zimbabwe Live Score (ODI)
Date: Monday, 15 January, 2018 20:08 IST Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur Match Status: Match Ended
Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 8 wickets
Bangladesh 171/2 (28.3 ov) R/R 6.04 | Match Ended
- Tamim Iqbal 44,
- Mushfiqur Rahim 14
this over :
|Tamim Iqbal||not out||84||93||8||1|
|Mushfiqur Rahim (W)||not out||14||23||1||1|
- Right, then! That's it from this game. Zimbabwe might have lost this one, but they'll have to dust themselves off and get themselves ready as they take on Sri Lanka in the next encounter, on the 17th, which is in two day's time from now, at this same venue. Join us for that at 1200 local (0600 GMT). Cheers!
- Man of the Match, Shakib Al Hasan says it was important to pick early wickets as the pitch got easier to bat later on. Mentions there was a bit of moisture early in the innings so that's why the plan was to start with spin and it paid off. On Tamim Iqbal, happily let's everybody know that he has been terrific for the last 2-3 years and hopes he can continue to do well. Says when you bat at No.3 you have more responsibilities and the team expects you to do well, so is just hoping he can keep putting up good performances.
- Bangladesh skipper, Mashrafe Mortaza says it was tough especially when they went to South Africa so is nice to come back home and win. Credits his bowlers for doing well. Knew that with only 170 to chase, there was never a doubt they would get the job done. Takes a moment to applaud Shakib Al Hasan and his efforts at No.3 and ends saying that he's pleased with the overall performance in today's game.
- Zimbabwe skipper, Graeme Cremer says they didn't mind batting first. Reckons 250 was a par score but can't be batting like the way they did. States they have experienced guys in the team but goes on to say that lack of playing time really does affect performances. Feels there are still lots of games to play so can turn their fortunes around. Adds that if they got through those first 10 overs without much damage, they could put up a better score but that didn't happen. Ends saying that they want to do better in the next game.
- A comfortable win for Bangladesh as they start this Tri-Series in the best possible manner. They first started off splendidly with the ball, wrapping the Zimbabwean batting order for 170 with everybody chipping in with the wickets barring Nasir Hossain. And then, chased the meagre target down with ease. Haque started briskly and departed cheaply, but the Iqbal-Shakib partnership consisting of 78 more or less sealed the deal. Mushfiqur Rahim came post Shakib's dismissal and then added the finishing touches to this run chase. A well-earned victory for the host nation. Zimbabwe didn't put up any kind of a fight, except for Sikandar Raza of course, so a lot of work is needed to be done if they wish to be competitive in this tournament.
- 28.3 There it is. BANGLADESH WIN BY 8 WICKETS! Mushfiqur Rahim works it away on the leg side and crosses over to the other end with ease.
- 28.2 FOUR! Tossed up around off, Rahim gets low to this one and slog sweeps it over square leg. Didn't connect as well, but it had enough legs to go across the boundary line. Bangladesh just a run away now from victory.
- 28.1 Loopy leg break on middle and off, worked with the spin in front of square leg for one.
- 27.6 Safe! Comfortably in this time. Tamim cuts it towards point and sets off for the run. There is a direct hit at the bowler's end but the left-hander is safe. 165/2
- It's another direct hit and once again it's Iqbal who is in question. Is he safe again?
- 27.5 Just in! Iqbal works it to backward square leg. It's Rahim who calls for the second and Tamim just reacts, albeit a little late. Rushes back as Taylor deflects the throw onto the stumps at his end. It's taken upstairs and replays show Tamim is safe.
- A run out appeal against Tamim is taken upstairs. Could be touch and go...
- 27.4 We have a legal delivery here, folks! Iqbal gets a top edge as he slices it over point and gets a couple of runs.
- Make that Free Hit No.4.
- 27.4 No ball! Poor guy. It's his debut after all, probably the nerves getting to him. He'll learn. Another no ball, wide outside off. Iqbal looks to connect but fails.