Bangladesh Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (T20)
Date: Monday, 19 February, 2018 00:12 IST Venue: Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet Match Status: Match Ended
Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh by 75 runs
Bangladesh 135/10 (18.4 ov) R/R 7.34 | Match Ended
- Nazmul Islam 1,
- Abu Jayed 2
this over :
|Nazmul Islam||not out||1||1||0||0|
- Alrighty! Sri Lanka's long tour of Bangladesh comes to an end. Poor start but a terrific finish. Seems like they are back on a roll. Whom do they face next? The same two teams from the previous series' - India and Bangladesh - only this time it is back home where they play a tri-series. The Lankans will hope that they take some of this momentum into that one. We take your leave for now and hope to have your company back soon. Before we go, you can just have a look at how the first SA-Ind T20I is shaping up. ADIOS! TAKE CARE!
- Victorious skipper, Dinesh Chandimal, says that it a tough question to answer (When will Kusal Perera be back?) as he too, does not know. On Mendis' promotion, Chandimal says he believed that the former is the only one who can bat up the order and he took the opportunity with both hands. On himself not facing more than a ball in this series, the skipper just deflects the question away, saying that it was a great team performance throughout the tour. Adds that this is a really good start to the new year and is proud of his youngsters. Hopes that they continue to perform well and is more than eager to play the next series, which is a tri-series involving India and Bangladesh.
- KUSAL MENDIS has been named the MAN OF THE MATCH AND SERIES. On being asked about his poor show in the ODIs, he says that even though he got low scores, he trained hard and the coaches helped him a great deal. Praises the bowlers and batsmen for working according to the plan set. Is very happy to win this award and happier for the team getting back to winning ways. There is another question which is popped to him as to when Kusal Perera will be back. Mendis smiles, takes a lonnggggg pause and eventually says he does not know and can only wish that he returns to the side soon.
- Bangladesh captain, Mahmudullah manages a smile. Says that the team thought it could chase the score down as the wicket looked good to bat on. But is at a loss of words for the flop batting show. Further says that there was no assistance to the spinners but still, they could have restricted the Lankans to 180 which could have been chased down. On the team's performance, he says that the players need to sit down, get together and introspect. Admits that they did miss their champion player, Shakib Al Hasan and cannot wait to have him back. Congratulates the Sri Lankans for their match and series win.
- Barring Thisara Perera, every bowler who bowled picked up a wicket. The match was perhaps over in the Powerplay itself when the hosts lost 3 wickets. Mahmudullah and Tamim then tried to bring Bangladesh back into the contest but it was always going to be too much to do. Another walloping defeat. Nothing much to write, pretty sure the presentation will have much more...
- Going into this match, perhaps for the first time in this entire tour, Sri Lanka started as favourites. And they played like one. They batted furiously, racking up 210 in their 20 overs and have bowled like favourites too, dismissing their opposition with 8 balls left, that too, with a bowler short. Magnificent team performance.
- A tri-series final win. A Test series victory. A T20I series stroll. 2018 could not have begun on a better note for Sri Lanka.
- 18.4 OUT! Stumped! A 75-RUN WIN FOR THE LANKANS. A 2-0 series win. Similar to the previous ball, once again Gunathilaka fires it wide outside off. This time, Jayed cannot reach the ball as opposed to the previous one, he looks to go leg side and misses. Easy stumping for Chandimal behind.
- 18.3 Sees the batsman charge out and fires it wide outside off. But Jayed is good enough to put bat on ball and steers it through point for a couple.
- 18.2 Interesting. Number 11 using his feet to a spinner. Nazmul comes down the track and drives it towards long off for a single.
- Nazmul Islam is the only man left.
- 18.1 OUT! Gone right through. A nothing ball, a nothing shot. Landed outside off, coming in with the angle, Mustafizur just swings wildly. Misses and the ball hits the timber.
- Danushka Gunathilaka to bowl the 19th over. Will this be the last of the match?
- 17.6 A short ball, outside off, Jayed looks to play the upper cut but misses. 1.5-0-5-1 are Shanaka's figures. 132/8
- Abu Jayed walks in at number 10, replacing Mahedi.