Bangladesh Vs Sri Lanka Live Score (ODI)
Date: Thursday, 25 January, 2018 14:02 IST Venue: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur Match Status: Match Ended
Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh by 10 wickets
Sri Lanka 83/0 (11.5 ov) R/R 7.22 | Match Ended
- Danushka Gunathilaka 35,
- Upul Tharanga 39
this over :
|Danushka Gunathilaka||not out||35||35||3||2|
|Upul Tharanga||not out||39||37||1||3|
- Right then! Bangladesh have been handed a serious drubbing at the hands of Sri Lanka today. Wouldn't be wrong to predict that Chandimal and his boys have the momentum by their side heading into the finals. Bangladesh would look at this as a bad day at the office and need to leave this performance behind. It's 1-1 between these two sides in the group stages. Who will have his hands on the trophy? We shall find out on Saturday, January 27 at 1200 Local (06oo GMT). Till then, goodbye and cheers!
- Man of the Match, Suranga Lakmal starts by saying they had a plan set coming into this match and is elated to execute it to perfection. Mentions they worked really hard in the past few days and it paid off.
- Sri Lanka skipper, Dinesh Chandimal is really proud with the way his team played today. States they did everything according to the plan and is happy to come out on the right side of the result. Lauds Lakmal and Chameera to set the tone in the first innings with the ball and then credits Tharanga and Gunathilaka for finishing things off, all by themselves. Is really happy with his team's effort on the field and hopes to put up a similar show in the finals.
- Bangladesh skipper, Mashrafe Mortaza, says they can't win everyday. Mentions they would look to work on their mistakes. He states they can't always be reliant on Tamim and Shakib. Reckons the middle order needs to stand up and deliver the goods. Admits all the boys are trying their best and hence, nobody can be blamed. Opines it was a good wicket to bat on but the application wasn't there from the batters. Ends by saying it was a bad day for them.
- A commanding show from the Lankans to book their berth in the finals. They were under the pump but came out all guns blazing today to outclass the hosts in all departments of the game. Firstly, they displayed a disciplined bowling performance, especially Lakmal, to bundle out Bangladesh for a scanty 82 and then chased down the target without breaking a sweat. Both the openers, Gunathilaka and Tharanga seemed like they batted on a different surface as they swatted the hosts' bowlers around the park and got their team over the line inside 12 overs. This is their biggest win against Bangladesh in terms of balls remaining...
- 11.5 That's it! Sri Lanka are through to the finals! It's the cutter again from Rahman, Gunathilaka goes for the pull but gets an inside edge through backward square leg and the batsmen cross over. SRI LANKA BEAT BANGLADESH BY 10 WICKETS!
- 11.4 Gunathilaka swivels inside the crease to pull but the slowness on the ball doesn't allow him to get going with the shot! Gets hit on the pads and the ball rolls back down the track.
- 11.3 Opens the bat face and runs it down towards third man for a single. SCORERS ARE LEVEL NOW!
- 11.2 Hits the deck hard, loops over the head of the batsman. The umpire calls it one for the over.
- 11.1 Slower one, angling in on middle and off, Tharanga hangs back to keep it out towards the cover fielder.
- 10.6 What was Gunathilaka trying to do? Shapes up for a fancy reverse sweep but it's too full to play that shot. Misses and the ball goes just past the leg pole and into the keeper's gloves. 81/0
- 10.5 Turning back in on middle, worked with the spin towards square leg.
- 10.4 Loopy delivery on off, UT milks it down to long off for a single.
- 10.3 FOUR! Gets it through this time! A bit fuller and outside off, Tharanga leans across and drills it through cover-point. No need to run for those!
- 10.2 Shortish and asking to be hit, Tharanga flays it towards backward point where Nasir Hossain makes a diving stop.