Australia Vs New Zealand Live Score (T20)
Date: IST Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Sydney Match Status: Match Ended
Australia beat New Zealand by 7 wickets (D/L method)
Australia 96/3 (11.3 ov) R/R 8.5 | Match Ended
- Glenn Maxwell 8,
- Alex Carey 0
this over :
|Glenn Maxwell||not out||40||24||5||1|
|Alex Carey (W)||not out||0||0||0||0|
- Billy Stanlake is declared the Man of the Match. His spell at the start decided the fate of this game as New Zealand never recovered after that. That's all we have from this game. We look forward to your company on 7th February for the clash between Australia and England in Hobart. Do join us at 1940 local (0840 GMT) for all the action. Cheers!
- Glenn Maxwell gives a quick interview on his way back. He says that he is happy with the team performance. Adds that many of their players have played a lot of domestic cricket and were looking good. On the chase, he replies that they didn't get much from the Powerplay so they tried to score quick runs after that. Mentions that they played to their strengths and he is delighted that Lynn took the pressure off him. On team selection, he says that the players were chosen on current form and good performance in the Big Bash League. He reckons that they want to see more success in this format. On being asked about taking tips from Ricky Ponting, Maxwell replies that he is his idol and he always looks up to him.
- The tourist got two early wickets in the game but didn't apply enough pressure to bottle up Australia. They didn't get the bounce that Stanlake produced which allowed Maxwell and Lynn to go after them. 117 is less on any pitch and after the revised target it became even more difficult for New Zealand. Just the first game of the series, they will take positives from it, if any, and will try to bounce back.
- A commanding win for this new-look Australia! After a delayed start to the chase, Australia were set a revised target of 95 runs in 15 overs. The hosts approached it with aggressive intent and tried to score quickly. They lost a couple of quick wickets but that didn't stop Maxwell and Lynn from playing their shots. Their partnership worth 77 off 53 balls sealed the deal for the visitors.
- 11.3 FOUR! Maxwell finishes it off in style. Southee pitches it full and around off, Maxwell pounces onto it and spanks it over mid off. One bounce into the fence. AUSTRALIA WIN BY 7 WICKETS (D-L method)!
- 11.2 Bouncer by Tim, Glenn ducks.
- 11.1 FOUR! My lord, that's power for you. A length ball around middle, Maxwell walks across the stumps and bludgeons it through square leg. There is a fielder in the deep but before he can react, it has crossed the fence.
- 11.1 Wide! Short and angling down the leg side, Maxwell tries to work it around but misses.
- Tim Southee to bowl...
- Alex Carey is in next.
- 10.6 OUT! Lynn falls to a short ball. He once again attempts to power his pull shot but fails to get on top of the bounce. As a result, his shot lacks the desired venom to sail into the stand. Sodhi catches it in the deep backward square leg region. For a moment, we thought he misjudged it. But no, was always in control, it's just he didn't bring his body behind and caught it sideways. 87/3
- 10.5 That's a mishit but it still goes like a rocket. Short in length on middle, Lynn powers it with great bat speed, doesn't middle but it races to wide long on. A couple taken.
- 10.4 Spears it very full around off, Maxwell digs it out to mid off and pinches a run.
- 10.3 A length ball on middle, Maxwell goes on his toes and defends it back.
- 10.2 Almost identical to the last delivery, this time Lynn makes connection and slaps it to backward point for a run.