Australia Vs England Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 21 January, 2018 17:05 IST Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Sydney Match Status: Match Ended
England beat Australia by 16 runs
Australia 286/6 (50.0 ov) R/R 5.72 | Match Ended
- Tim Paine 1,
- Pat Cummins 1
this over :
|Tim Paine (W)||not out||31||35||1||0|
|Pat Cummins||not out||1||2||0||0|
- Not surprisingly, JOS BUTTLER has been named the Man Of The Match. What next for Australia? Another ODI series gone. Playing for pride remains, with 2 games left. Can they avert a whitewash? Chance 1 will come on Australia Day, 26th January, 2018 in the fourth ODI at the Adelaide Oval, at 1350 local (0320 GMT). Do join us then. In the meanwhile, you can check how Sri Lanka is faring against Zimbabwe in their must-win game. ADIOS! Take Care!
- How to respond when one of your mates goes down? South Africa showed that twice in a Test - once against Australia and once against India recently when Dale Steyn was out injured. Tonight, England have done it in the absence of Liam Plunkett. They would have been worried with the loss of a bowler but the team combined together well as a unit. Only Joe Root went for runs tonight while the others did really well to share the spoils.
- Steven Smith edged one behind and after numerous replays, was adjudged caught behind. From some angles it seemed like the ball had bounced. After that, the Aussies started to lose their grip on the game. There was a 74-run stand between Marcus Stoinis and Tim Paine towards the end but the required rate was always getting tougher.
- Australia actually batted well on a sluggish surface with a lot of intent. David Warner and Cameron White departed early but the 69-run stand between Aaron Finch and Steven Smith got things under track. Finch departed but then the skipper got a handy partnership with junior Marsh. And then, came the controversial moment.
- A really good win for England, in fact their best of the series. Even though the margin is only 16 runs. It is because they were struggling with the bat around the 40th over and then they were a bowler short. Add to this, Australia were ahead of them throughout the run chase till the 50th over. Kudos to such a performance.
- 49.6 A short ball on middle, pulled through mid-wicket for another single. The game ends. Sam Billings collects and then roars towards the crowd. England's first bilateral series win in ODIs in Australia! 3-0 up with 2 to go!
- 49.5 Outside off, slapped towards sweeper cover for only one.
- 49.4 Outside off, Cummins slashes hard but misses.
- Pat Cummins comes in, with Australia needing a hat-trick of sixes.
- 49.3 OUT! Finds the man. It was always going to be too difficult for only one person to do it for Australia and Stoinis has fallen. A short ball, Stoinis pulls it over square leg but finds the substitute Sam Billings in the deep. A calm and cool catch taken. Stoinis is disappointed. They do not even bother to cross.
- 49.2 On middle, punched down to long on for a couple.
- 49.1 A short ball outside off, another cutter, Paine mistimes his pull towards long on for a single. 21 needed from 5.
- 48.6 Full and outside off, driven through the covers and it is only one. 22 needed off the final 6. England scored 24 off Cummins' last, in the 49th. 281/5
- 48.5 A short ball outside off, Tim looks to pull but misses.
- 48.4 A short ball down the leg side, pulled through the leg side for a single.