Australia Vs England Live Score (ODI)
Date: Sunday, 14 January, 2018 17:05 IST Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne Match Status: Match Ended
England beat Australia by 5 wickets
England 308/5 (48.5 ov) R/R 6.35 | Match Ended
- Moeen Ali 5,
- Joe Root 1
this over :
|Joe Root||not out||91||110||5||0|
|Moeen Ali||not out||5||4||1||0|
- That's all from this match. We look forward to your company for the second ODI on 19th January in Brisbane. Do join us at 1320 local (0320 GMT) for all the action. Now, you can switch over to the concerned tab for the South Africa vs India second Test match. Until next time, it's goodbye from us. Cheers.
- Victorious England captain Eoin Morgan is proud to be part of such a record chase. On Jason Roy's innings, he says that the opener has done it many times in the past, getting good starts but finally converts into a big one tonight. in spite of such a comprehensive win, Morgan feels that there is still a long way to go in the series. Says that it is nice to see the top three bat well and the line-up looks deep. On the target set, he feels that these days, 300 is a difficult score to chase but had it not been for Roy, someone would have put his hand up.
- Jason Roy picks up the Man of the Match Award for his blistering knock of 180. He says he is out of words right now. Adds that he is honoured to possess England's highest individual score. Feels that the time when he was left out of the ODI squad was the one for him to reflect on his technique and style. On being asked about the hand injury, he says he should be fine.
- With disappointment written all over his face, Steven Smith, the Aussie skipper comes over for an interview. He credits Jason Roy for his extraordinary knock and adds that he was supported well by Joe Root. Feels that they were a bit short on runs and 340-50 would have been more competitive. Further reckons that they didn't start well with the ball either and that cost them dearly. Praises Mitchell Marsh and Marcus Stoinis for their knocks but immediately adds that had Aaron Finch continued for a bit longer, they would have got more. Finds it interesting that they didn't get much swing early on and opines that they should have hit good areas more consistently. Informs that Pat Cummins will be rested and Josh Hazlewood will be back for the next game. Admits that they need to start playing better cricket.
- It was a below ordinary performance by Australia, however, they were decent for some part at the start. The middle overs were very disappointing for them as the likes of Adam Zampa and Marcus Stoinis, failed to create any pressure. England will be buoyed with this victory and it will serve as a tonic for their hapless tour. A lot of soul-searching to do for the Aussies before the next ODI which is after a 4-day break.
- Powered by Aaron Finch's century and handy knocks by Mitchell Marsh and Marcus Stoinis, the hosts posted a challenging total in excess of 300 on the board. But their bowlers failed to come to party. Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow gave a steady start to the chase, and although they lost two quick wickets, the presence of Roy in the middle ensured that they never fell behind the eight ball. Along with Joe Root, Jason raised a double century partnership and in the process also broke Alex Hales' record for the highest individual score for England in ODIs.
- A comprehensive win for England! They have finally managed to taste some success against Australia on this tour. The New England, as they are called nowadays, played exceedingly well today to outclass the world champions in all facets of the game. This is now the 8th loss that Australia have suffered in their last 9 completed ODIs. Definitely a concern for the Men in Yellow and they would have to come up with better strategies and gameplan in the next match.
- 48.5 FOUR! That's it! ENGLAND WIN BY FIVE WICKETS. Moeen Ali finishes it off with a boundary. Tossed up ball and Ali gets to the pitch of the ball and hits it over mid on for the winning runs. ENGLAND GO 1-0 UP!
- 48.4 On the legs of Ali who tries to sweep it but misses.
- 48.3 Floated delivery and Root works it on the leg side for one.
- 48.2 Darts this full on off, Ali drives it past covers for a run.
- 48.1 Defended off the front foot by the batsman presenting the full face of the bat.
- Travis Head to bowl.
- 47.6 The batsman has punched that ball through the off side. 302/5
- Moeen Ali walks in next to bat.