Here's a quick lowdown on the ground we've covered so far in this live blog on Tubelight's first day in theatres:
1. Salman Khan seems to have made a genuine effort to put in as authentic a portrayal as possible in this film. Does Kabir Khan bring out the best in Salman? The answer is, yes.
2. The performances by Zhu Zhu and Matin Re Tangu are among the best parts of this film. Sohail Khan and Shah Rukh Khan shine in their cameos as well.
3. The UAE box office collections are in, and Tubelight's got a day one tally of Rs 6.6 crore.
4. The Pakistan release for Tubelight is still uncertain. No date has been announced yet.
5. Twitter thus far seems divided about the film. Some have hailed it as a career best for Salman. Others feel this is a movie that occupies an 'in-between' space that will appeal to neither the single-screen audiences, nor the multiplex crowd.