New Delhi: Fresh complaints of alleged irregularities in coal block allocations have been submitted by whistle blowers and public to the CVC, which has shared some of these plaints with the CBI.
Sources in the anti-corruption watchdog said the complaints received in the past few days claimed criminal conspiracy among certain government officials and private firms, who were allocated coal blocks, including their executives.
Besides, sources said, certain unverified government documents have been sent with a few complaints citing irregularities in the whole process of coal block allocation.
“Some complaints have been received by the Commission which are being looked into. A few of them have been shared with the CBI also,” a senior CVC official said on condition of anonymity.
When pressed further, the official said, “The CBI will verify the claims during due course of investigation”. In the coal probe, CBI has so far filed seven FIRs against private companies and unknown public officials for alleged misrepresentation of facts and three preliminary inquiries.
The CVC had in May referred the case of alleged irregularities in the utilisation of coal blocks allocated to private companies between 2006 and 2009 to CBI for further probe.
The case was recommended after receiving complaints from BJP leaders Prakash Javadekar and Hansraj Ahir, who alleged that first-come-first-serve basis was adopted by the government to benefit some private companies.
The third preliminary inquiry registered by the CBI on September 28 in the alleged coal scam is against unknown people for allocation of coal blocks to joint venture companies which included a private player. The CBI is also looking into alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal mines post-1993 during the NDA regime.