By and large, Mumbaikars, except those who live in the slums, have lost the right to express displeasure on TV shows, Facebook, Twitter or anywhere else, over issues of governance.
If you want to see even urban parliamentary constituencies which have a strong streak of dynastic politics, Thane may be the best example.
Shaikh has also written the underrated dark comedy Ghanchakkar. He spoke to Mihir Fadnavis about Bollywood, Queen and the mystery behind Ghanchakkar.
- Congress Manifesto of 2009: What it promised, what it delivered
- LIVE Cong manifesto: BJP says document an insult to nation
- Modi rally in Jammu today: A BJP wave, but Cong-NC has slight edge
- Pawan Kalyan, Nagarjuna meet Modi: What they can learn from NTR
- Jaswant Singh's comments on BJP an overreaction, says Arun Jaitley
- Positive publicity: How Sabir Ali, expelled by Nitish, can help BJP, Modi
- India vs rest of the world: How much does it take to win an election?
- In Uttar Pradesh BJP hopes Modi wave, caste combos will work
- Modi leads on Facebook and Twitter, no one cares about Rahul
- Modi vs rest in Varanasi: Can Goliath really beat David?
- Varanasi proves Cong's worst nightmare: Modi wave is not a myth
- Varanasi proves Cong's worst fears: Modi wave not a myth
- Varanasi turns into sea of saffron as Modi files LS nomination
- Not just Xavier's: 75 academics against Modi becoming PM
- Election 2014 Live: WB, Puducherry see high voter turnout of 82%
- Modi dares Sonia Gandhi to public debate on Gujarat model
- Congress demands FIR against Modi for 'violation' of model code
- Out damn spot: Is the EC's ink not so indelible?
- Arvind Kejriwal will lose to Modi but he has won Varanasi's heart
- Joshi congratulates Modi on filing nomination in Varanasi