Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani today said the welcome offer of Reliance Jio, offering free voice, data and video services, will be available for every new customers from 4 December until 31 March 2017.
"Starting 4 December every new Jio user will get Jio's data, voice, video and full bouquet of applications free until March 31," he said.
Here are the key points from the announcements made today:
1) Reliance Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp and Skype in the last three months, and is the fastest growing technology company.
2) Reliance Jio has crossed 50 million subscribers over the last three months; the company signed up 6 lakh customers daily on an average.
3) Reliance Jio customers using 25x more data than average broadband users.
4) Home delivery of Relaince Jio sims to be made available in 100 cities by 31 December.
5) Reliance Jio has been able to activate sims in less than 5 minutes using Aadhar-based eKYC.
6) The company has not received required support from existing telecom companies; about 900 crore calls from Reliance Jio to 3 large operators were blocked.
7) The company now fully supports mobile number portability.
8) Congratulates PM Narendra Modi for historic and bold decision to demonetise Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes. Key driver for cashless living is ability to convert physical Cash into Digital Cash and vice-versa.
9) With Jio Money, every citizen will now have e-wallet linked to their bank accounts. In order to enable low-value, high-volume transactions, small merchants are important components of economy. To make this possible, Jio Money is expanding reach to millions of touch points where micro-ATMs will be deployed.
10) Reliance Jio is also working on a digital retail ecosystem, named Jio Money Merchant Solutions.
Shares of Idea Cellular, Bharti Airtel and Reliance Communications were down up to 4 percent on the BSE after the extension of welcome offer by the company.
(Disclosure: Firstpost is part of Network18, owned by Reliance Industries Limited.)
First Published On : Dec 1, 2016 15:01 IST