Today is one of Indian cinema’s most beautiful actress, Madhuri Dixit’s birthday. In recent years, Madhuri has been playing the domestic goddess of sorts to her husband, Dr Sriram Nene and their two boys, Ryan and Arin with only the occasional film, television show (Jhalak Dikhla Jaa) or commercial (Olay Regenerist, Comfort) reminding us of her presence.
Bollywood fans all across the world though, continue to be fascinated with her dazzling smile and performing talent, and just when you thought you knew everything about her, there’s more!
The 5 things you did not know about Madhuri Dixit:
1. She loves eating Banana Parathas, which she calls Plantain Parathas.
2. The American accent she had developed living in Denver, USA, has almost disappeared after she moved back to Mumbai with her husband and kids. Thank God!
3. We know her to be a terrific dancer, but when she’s at home, she loves singing and is actually very good at it.
4. She’s soon going to start work on Gulab Gang – a film directed by Shomik Sen and produced by Anubhav ‘Ra.One’ Sinha.
5. She considers superstar Shah Rukh Khan one of her closest friends.