Los Angeles: Prescription painkillers were reportedly found in late singer Prince's possession when he recently died in his Paisley Park house in Minnesota.
According to NBC News, The Carver County Sheriff's Department has contacted the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and has asked them to help with the investigation, reports aceshowbiz.com.
DEA's role would be to determine where the drugs came from and what prescriptions the music icon had obtained. Some of the late singer's friends said he took the painkiller Percocet to relieve pain in his hips, which he felt after an accident during his performance.
An autopsy for Prince was conducted on 22 April, but it will likely be weeks before results of toxicology tests are delivered. A cause of death has yet to be determined.
In related news, it has been reported that Prince was too "paranoid" to make a will.
The singer, 57, didn't leave instructions as to how his assets should be divided, and according to sources, his advisors had found it "virtually impossible" to get him to sign any legal documents in the last five years, reports tmz.com.
"The singer felt screwed over by people who had made him sign various deals when he was younger, and as a result he was paranoid about putting his signature to any legally-binding paperwork," said a source.
Prince changed lawyers almost every year, sometimes more often.
Though the "Diamonds and pearls" hitmaker frequently switched teams of business professionals, he did have a group of trusted advisers.
On Wednesday, Prince's sister Tyka Nelson filed legal documents stating her brother didn't leave a will.
First Published On : Apr 28, 2016 12:56 IST