Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao were blessed with a baby boy on 1 December, 2011. December seems to be “their” month as the couple had wed in the same month in Panchgani in 2005 and it bodes well for Aamir professionally too, with many of his films in recent times released in December (3 Idiots, Ghajini, Taare Zameen Par) turning into gigantic money spinners.
The new parents sent out a letter to their friends and family, which stated the joyous news and read thus:
“Due to medical complications, we were advised to go for IVF-Surrogacy. We are absolutely delighted. This baby is very dear to us as we’ve got him after a lot of difficulty. We are so happy and would like to thank all our well wishers.”
The couple had earlier suffered a tragic loss when they lost their first baby in 2009. Aamir had then written on his blog, on 12 August, 2009, titled, I will be away for a while.
“I have bad news folks. Kiran and I lost our baby. Despite our best efforts we were unable to avert a miscarriage. The last 2 months have been a struggle for us and that is one of the reasons I was absent from the blog in more ways than one. K and I need time to heal. I will be away for a while. Love.”
Congratulations to the couple for the new addition to their family. Aamir is already a father to two kids, a boy Junaid and a girl Ira from his first marriage to Reena Dutta, but it is Kiran’s first baby.
Aamir certainly knows how to keep his personal life private in a time where every breath a star takes weighs heavy on the 140 characters on Twitter and floods newsfeeds with the mundane and the blah.
The news came as a happy surprise to everyone, given the oft abused term “breaking news” a definite spin. His close friends in the film business are as surprised by the happy tidings as his fans, but it’s good to know that “All izz well” in the Khan household.
The 5 questions that are going through everyone’s mind right now are:
1. How did Aamir Khan manage to keep this a secret all along? We understand it’s personal, but how did he manage to keep it so quiet?
2. Who does the little boy look like and what do they plan to name him?
3. Why did they announce the joyous news five days after the baby’s birth?
4. Did the surrogate mother know whose baby she was carrying?
5. At the party at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower to felicitate Tom Cruise on Saturday evening, Aamir attended the party sans Kiran, was he not tempted even once to share his joy with his friends at the do?