Arguably, the biggest Indian film of 2015 was SS Rajamouli's Bahubali.
The film has one of the highest budgets and turned out to be one of the most critically acclaimed films, along with being a blockbuster. Rajamouli decided to carve the sequel based on the reaction he got from the first installment.
Talking about the much awaited sequel to Baahubali, in an interview with CNN-IBN’s Entertainment Editor Rajeev Masand, SS Rajamouli reveals that it will have much more action than the original.
“We went through the responses, but story wise there were no changes. I have increased the action sequences in the second part of Bahubali,” Rajamouli told Masand.
He further reveals that around 40 per cent was shot along with the first part itself. The second instalment was supposed to release this year but Rajamouli is not sure if he would be able to stick to his commitment. “If everything falls into place then we will release this year, else in 2017,” said Rajamouli.
During the release of Baahubali: The Beginning, has taken stringent steps to prevent any scenes from being leaked out before its intended time. However, despite all measures taken, some raw footage of the first film had been leaked.
“Unfortunately, it leaked from the studios, which we were not expecting, especially since they were paid to keep it guarded. The film had 1000 workers on set, but not a single picture got leaked from there. That's the irony,” he said.
Meanwhile, Baahubali 3 is also on cards. Rajamouli’s father, screenwriter K. V. Vijayendra Prasad, had however revealed that the lead of Baahubali, Prabhas, won’t be the lead in the third instalment.
When asked if such an untimely revelation has upset him, Rajamouli said, “No, not at all. We don’t want to drag the story just because audience liked it and they are in love with the characters. I think fans of Bahubali are more for the story as a whole; I think they are fans of the franchise itself," he adds.
Watch the interview in CNN-IBN at 8.30 pm on Now Watching Friday.