Udaipur Vintage & Classic Car Collection: India’s first, finest!

On February 16, 2000, The Palace Udaipur Vintage & Classic Car Collection (VCCC) was inaugurated by Lord Montagu of Beaulieu, founder of the National Motor Museum in England. Interestingly, Lord Montagu gained an interest in motoring from his father who had commissioned the original “Spirit of Ecstasy” mascot for his Rolls-Royce. Having inherited his family’s collection of historic cars, Lord Montagu opened the National Motor Museum in the grounds of his stately home, Palace House, Beaulieu, Hampshire in 1952.